I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Peanuts the Comic Strip

Me - Peanuts, wow! I don't like to eat peanuts. I don't like any nuts. However, I love the comic strip peanuts. My favorite characters are Snoopy, Lucy, Sally, Linus, Pig Pen, Peppermint Patty, Marcy, Charlie Brown, Schroeder and Woodstock. I really love them all. I can't really pick favorites. I love how Sally calls Linus her "sweet babu." I love how she has a crush on him. I also love how Lucy has a crush on Schroder. I like how Charlie Brown can never fly a kite. I like when Snoopy pretends to be a pilot. I also like that Charlie Brown can never kick the football. I wish something would go right for him though. Nothing ever goes right for him. I feel bad for him. Peanuts is one of my favorite comic strips. I have also seen a few of the TV specials. I would like to see them all some day.  I would like to see the movies too. I would also like to see the show You're a Good Man Charlie Brown. I also have two Peanuts books. One is a big treasury of Peanuts. I got  it this past holiday season. It is a really big book.  I'm really excited to read it.  I love Peanuts!

Mom - One of my favorite comic strips is Peanuts. Even though Charlies Schultz has been dead for almost 13 years so much of what happens in the comic strips is still relevant. Just about everyone has been like Charlie Brown at one time or another where absolutely nothing in life seems to go your way. I always hoped that one day something would go right for Charlie Brown and he would get to kick that football or that little red headed girl would like him back. I remember reading Happiness is a Warm Puppy when I was a kid. I never saw the show You're a Good Man Charlies Brown although I would have liked too. I do remember reading it in Middle School though and hearing the music. I think I like the longer Peanuts movies like A Boy Named Charlie Brown and Snoopy Come Home better than the shorter ones. Also, I like the older ones better than the newer ones. Peanuts reminds me of my childhood because it was there then and it still there now. I heard that are going to be making a new Peanuts movie in the next few years. I am not sure how I feel about that just like I am not sure how I feel about any Peanuts movies or specials that were made after Charles Schultz died. I wonder how Mr. Schultz would feel about them. If I had created characters that were as beloved as the Peanuts gang, I am not so sure I would want people doing new things with my characters after I died.

And that's our view. What is your favorite Peanuts character?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment