I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Sunday, September 15, 2013

New York Mets Game

Me -New York Mets, wow! Last month, I went to Citi Field for my second time to see the New York Mets play. We went with my Mom's friend from Kansas. The Mets lost to the Kansas City Royals. I had good pizza, a really good pretzel, and really good ice cream that melted really fast. We took the bus and the subway to get to the game. I had fun talking to my Mom on the bus. I had fun on the subway on the way there because I was sitting and talking to my Dad and my Mom. On the way back, I didn't like it as much because my sister made me stand with her on the subway, and my legs were tired. The stadium was huge and confusing. I like minor league stadiums better. Our seats were okay, but I am not used to being so far away from the field. I had trouble keeping up with the game because we were so far away. I really liked the Mets Hall of Fame and Museum. It was really interesting. However, my sister was really bored there so I hardly got to see anything. I really enjoyed going to the Mets game.

Mom - I used to be huge Mets fan, and then I was a Yankee fan. I am still a baseball fan. I like the Mets and the Yankees, but I am not that attached to either. I used to go to over 20 Met games in a year. The Mets have now been in their new stadium, Citi Field for four seasons, and last month I went there for only my second time. There are a lot of nice things about the new stadium. However, in some ways I kind of miss the old stadium. I was kind of used to it. It was like a home away from home to me. My favorite part of the new stadium is the Hall of Fame and Museum. I love all the memorabilia from the Mets history. My favorite is David Cone's jersey from his 20 game winning 1988 season. David Cone is my favorite player of all time. My current favorite player is David Wright. Unfortunately, he did not play when we went to Citi Field because he was hurt. Melia and I had each been to Citi Field once before. However, my husband and Aurella had never been there. The girls were really excited to go not only because we were going to the game but because we were going with my friend from Kansas. We hadn't seen him in 10 years so Aurella had never actually met him. She just heard a lot about him. I think she was actually more excited about meeting my friend and riding on the subway then she was about the game. It was hard for her to pay attention at the game anyway because she is not used to being so far away from the action. She is used to minor league games. The only other major league game she went to was when she was really little. She did manage to have fun at the game though. We all did even though the Mets lost to the Kansas City Royals.

And that's our view. What is your favorite stadium?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment