I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, September 2, 2013

Fun in the Sun

Me - Fun in the sun, wow! I like to play frisbee and catch. I like to climb trees. I like going to the beach and the pool. I  love the beach.  I also love to go swimming.  I like to have picnics. I like to go on walks with my family. I sometimes go to the playground but I don't enjoy it as much. I liked it better when I was younger. I also liked to catch bugs and dig in the dirt when I was younger. I don't t do those anythings anymore either. I like to ride my bike. I don't really like to ride my scooter, but I used to. I like to roller skate but I don't have a pair of skates that fits me. I have never been rollerblading, but I might like to try it sometime. When I was little I used to play soccer. Now, I don't play any team sports. I like to run around outside with my sister. I like to lie out in the sun and tan. I really like being out in the sun.

Mom -I like to be out in the sun, but not for too long and not when it is especially hot.  I like to sit out on my porch and read a book while my children play in the front yard. I like to take walks with my family. We have walked to Walgreens, Baskin Robbins,  and the flea market. We used to live in a different part of our town. There were even more places to walk too over there. I like to have picnics on our front lawn or at the park. When my girls were little, and they took classes at the county parks, we used to have even more picnics. I sometimes like to go to the beach or pool. One thing I don't like about the beach though is that I don't really like sand. I never really played organized sports although my brother and sister both did and my kids used to. I did play wiffle ball with my Dad and my brother on our front lawn when I was a kid. I also liked to climb trees when I was a kid. I could climb up in the tree, but I couldn't always get out. I would have to yell down to my brother or sister to go and get my Mom or Dad to get my out of the tree. I also used to like to go to the playground when I was a kid. Playgrounds these days are a lot different than they were when I was a kid. The way they make the equipment is different and the materials they use are different and the playground equipment is different. About the only things that are the same is that both then and now there were swings and slides. Back then, the slides were metal and got hot in the sun. Playground fun in the sun is one thing that has definitely gotten better since I was a kid.

And that's our view. What do you like to do in the sun?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment