I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tips for Tuesday -Movies : Life As We Know It & Mr. Holland's Opus

Me - I would highly recommend the movie Life as We Know It. Life as We Know It is a great movie about a baby whose parents die and their two closest friends who hate each other have to raise her together. It is everything you could want in a movie. It is happy. It is sad. It is funny. It is heartwarming. You should go out and rent it or buy it now.

Mom - Today, I am recommending the movie Mr. Holland's Opus. It is a movie about a man who wants to make it as a composer but ends up going into teaching to support his wife and son. It shows that just because your life doesn't necessarily go as you planned that does not mean you are not leading a worthwhile life. I always particularly loved this movie because it reminded me of my father who wanted to be an actor, but put aside his acting dreams until my brother and sister and I were grown in order to make enough money to support the family. However, even if neither you nor anybody in your family ever aspired to make it in the entertainment business, I am sure you will still find something to relate to about this movie, and you will enjoy it.

And that's our view. Tune in tomorrow for Where-to-Go Wednesday.