I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Cleaning

Me -  Cleaning, wow! Or maybe not. Cleaning is not fun. Lucky for me, we only do  a complete cleaning of the house like twice a year. For one thing, our vaccums keep breaking. We recently got a new one which is like our 4th or 5th. My Dad said nobody is allowed to use it except him. When we all heard that, we were very happy about that rule. None of us like vacuuming and Aurella can't because she's too little. My Mom told me my brother went through a phase when he actually liked to vacuum, but it didn't last long, and he was always breaking the vacuuum. I have trouble believing that he ever liked to clean anything. He is such a slob that we couldn't even go in his room when he lived with us. When he went away for the summer to visit his Mom, we would clean his room. A couple of  days after he came home, his room was as messy as ever.  My sister hates to clean her room. She is not as messy as my brother though. She does not leave garbage including food wrappers and clothes on her floor. Also, you can still see her floor, and my Mom makes her clean her room at least once a week. I am trying to keep my room neater these days so I can rearrange my furniture. Also, the less mess there is the less I have to worry about cleaning later. I hate cleaning!  I wish that as soon as you were done with things they would automatically clean themselves up and put themselves away.

Mom - I hate cleaning. It is not that I  like things to be messy, it's just that I hate having to actually completely go through and clean my entire house. Even on the rare occasion when I actually do, I never feel like it gets clean enough. I am more of a spot cleaner. If I something particularly bothers me at that moment, I will clean that spot at that moment.  I hate having to clean the whole house at once though. When I was in college, I spent a summer cleaning house for my Mother. After that, I was burned out on cleaning. When  I moved into an apartment by myself, at first I used to clean every other week. Then, I used to clean every three weeks. Then, every four weeks. Until, eventually I was cleaning something like every other month.  Now with a husband and two daughters, I am not about to clean the whole house without help when everybody in the family contributes to the mess. However, somehow we never get around to it nearly as much as we should . The days and weeks go so quickly and there are always so many other things to be done that is hard to find the time to set aside to really do  a thorough cleaning of the house. We usually only get to it when we are going to have a big party or something, and we don't have that many parties. There may be some people that think that my house is not clean enough. However, most people I know whose houses are really clean and whose houses get cleaned all the time do not do most of the cleaning themselves. They have cleaning people that come in every week, or every other week, or once a month or whatever to help with the cleaning. If I could afford to hire somebody to help clean my house too than I would, but unfortunately, I can't so I don't. However, I don't think that anybody who doesn't even have to clean their own house has any right to comment on the cleanliness of my house because they don't know how exhausting it is to have to clean your whole entire house without paid help. For anyone who does clean their own house entirely by themself without having any paid help, I really respect that they are willing and able to get themselves to do that. However, I am not that person, and I never will be.

And that is our view. How often do you clean your house?

No comments:

Post a Comment