I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, August 6, 2012

Sleepovers

Me - Sleepovers, wow! I just recently had my first sleepover. They were the best two days of my life - the day that I got there , and the day after I slept over there. As soon as I go there, I knew it would be good because as soon as I go there we went out and got junk food.We got two huge bags of sour cream and onion potato chips, and a bag of white cheddar popcorn. They were both so good. When I first got there, we had chips and we played Wii. We played a fish game. Then, we played Mario Kart. Then, we had dinner. We had tacos. I had two with hardly any meat and a ton of cheese. Then, I had one with sour cream cheese and meat. Then, we went back upstairs and played more of the fishing game. We were allowed to stay up until 12:00 playing video games. Then, we lay down in bed and played pictochat and watched TV. Then, my friend went to sleep, and I watched TV. I also played my I-Pod. Later, my friend's Dad came to check on us. He said "Busted!" because he thought we were still fooling around and not sleeping. It was only me. My friend had been asleep for like an hour. Since, I hadn't eaten that much, her Dad took me downstairs and gave me two tacos and a bowl of ice cream. Then, I went back to sleep, and I had no trouble sleeping. When I woke up, their cat was starring at me. When he realized I was starring back at him, he ran away. It was only 7:00, and I usually don't wake up until 1:00, but my friend had taken up the whole bed. Then, when her Mom came up, she woke my friend up.  Then, we immediately started playing the fishing came again. After, we played Mario Kart. Then, we played a wrestling game where I lost all of her championships. I had scrambled eggs for breakfast. My friend had Captain Crunch.  Then, we pictochatted on our DS. Then, we had to come downstairs because it was time for me to go home so we played our DS until it was time for my Dad to pick me up. I had a really great time at my friend's except I didn't like their cats except for one, and they have 4. I was afraid of 2, and one was a scaredy cat so I hardly ever saw him. I am definitely going to have to get used to the cats because I know there  will be more sleepovers to come.

Mom - Up until the time I was 11, sleep overs were a rare treat other than sleeping over my grandparents homes. A few times, my Mom and Dad went away on vacation for a week, and left us with friends. Usually they went away and left me with people whose kids I wasn't that friendly with so it wasn't that exciting to me. Once, they went away and left me with my best friend and her family. That was kind of cool. When I was 11, we moved. The second night we lived in our house, I slept over a friend's. Her mother thought we should sleep over their house so my family would have time to settle in. The following night, my friend and I decided our family was settled in enough and she slept over our house. The third night, we lived in our house, I wanted to have another sleep over with another friend, but my mother decided that was enough sleepovers for just having moved in. After that, there were many more sleepovers to follow. One time, when my Mom was in the hospital, we even had a girl sleep over whose mother was in the hospital too. I never saw her before, and I never saw her after. In high school, I slept over my best friend's house all the time. She lived one town over from me. Her mother used to call me her other daughter because I was there so much. Since then,  things have happened, and we are no longer friends. My current best friend (other than my husband) even though  I have been friends with her for over twenty years, I have only known her when I was an adult. We do share a lot of great memories, but we don't share any childhood memories, and we never had a sleepover.

And that's our view. Did you ever have sleepovers and did you enjoy them?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.