I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Beach

Me - The beach, wow! Since I was little, my family and I have gone to the beach with our family friend, Irene. The past few years we haven't gone, but we used to go once a year. Irene would always go swimming in the ocean. I would get scared that she would get run over by a wave or eaten by a shark and die. When I was about 5, I begged my Dad to take me over to the water. We stood at the edge of the ocean. I was talking and a wave came and went in my mouth. Then, I cried and begged my dad to take me back to the sand. I like to collect shells at the beach. I have a small collection of special shells I have gotten there. Me and my sister have tons and tons of beach toys in our garage. We had even more but we lost some. I used to have a sand and water table at home, but it got ruined. We hardly every played with it anyway because my Mom thought it was too messy. I like the beach. I wish we went more.

Mom - We are not really beach people. We go there sometimes, but not that often. For one thing, it annoys me that here we have to pay for a daily beach pass. We do not go often enough to buy a season's pass. I hate the sand. It is annoying and itchy and gets everywhere especially where you least want it. I always remember going to the beach with my family when I was little and bringing sandwichs with us. The sand was always getting in them. Maybe, that is why when I go with my husband and kids we always go to a restaurant on the boardwalk. We always used to go to the this one restaurant in Pt. Pleasant with my college roommate (we usually go to the beach with her). However, they that restaurant down a few years ago to build condos. Now, we have been to this other restaurant a view times, but not recently. My girls like to collect shells on the beach. It is so hard to find whole shells though. There are so many more broken ones. Also, most of the shells we find on the beach are all the same kind. The ocean water almost always seems so cold, and you can't really swim in it because of the undertow. It is hard to walk on the sand too. If your feet are dry, the sand burns. If your feet are wet, the sand sticks to them. If you wear shoes, the sand gets in them. So anyway you look at, you can't win. I guess I am not really much of beach person. I use to like it better when I was younger and interested in getting a tan and  I just wanted to lie out in the sun. Now, that I know how bad the sun is for you, I am not that interested in sitting out in the sun or getting a tan, and I don't really like the beach that much at all.

And that's our view. Do you like the beach?