I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, May 28, 2012

TV Season Finales

Me -TV season finales, wow! Some of the TV show season finales this season were really good. However, some of them were the complete opposite of good. The Glee season finale was terrible. It was super sad. They broke up Rachel and Finn,  who I think are a terrific couple. I can't believe they broke them up again! I think it is so cute that they are dating in real life now. On the Big Bang Theory, Howard went in to Space. Before that, he and Bernadette got married.  The wedding was really good. Bernadette looked really pretty. The episode was really funny. Amy was especially hilarious as usual. I loved that she was wearing the tiara that Sheldon gave her in another episode. Raising Hope was really hilariou too. Lucy, Hope's serial killer Mom, was not actually dead. She decided she wanted Hope back and would fight for her in Court. When Lucy won and was going to take Hope away, Jimmy was going to go with them. It was really funny when Lucy got run over by a bus while trying to stab Sabrina with a knife to keep her away from Jimmy and Hope. While I enjoyed these finales, for me, the TV season is not really over because my favorite Disney shows are still having new episodes.

Mom - So here it is, another traditional TV season has come to an end. Nowadays, it isn't really the end as TV series are always starting and ending their seasons all the time. However, I don't really watch any of those series that run in the summertime except for The Glee Project. In the summer, I catch up on watching all the DVDs we accumulated over the course of the year. So for me, it still is the end of the TV season. Here is my view of the TV season finales I watched. I loved the Big Bang Theory's season ender.  I am glad they went through with the wedding of Howard and Bernadette. Also, having known Melissa Rauch, as she was growing up, it was good to see her get married even if it was only her television wedding. Raising Hope's finale was funny as usual but more unrealistic than ever. I mean an allegedly executed murderer turning up alive - come on really?! However, I do give credit to Raising Hope for keeping the show funny even though Jimmy finally managed to land his dream girl, Sabrina. Usually, that is the kiss of death for a series when the soc called. starcrossed lovers are united. Glee's finale had its moments. The end although realistic in terms of the plot was sad. I don't see how the series is really going to go on from here with many of the graduated seniors allegedly going off in so many different directions. In any case, it won't be the same without all of them hanging out in the music classroom or the school auditorium anymore. While I grew to like Smash, despite my initial indifference to it, I did not like the finale. The ingenue taking over for the established star at the last minute is so cliche. Also, pregnancy in which their are two possible father's is a staple of soap operas and that overused storyline seems to be where Debra Messing's character is headed. Nevertheless, I will probably still watch Smash when it returns midseason or at least at first I will. So over all, I liked TV's season enders for the most part, but I am a kind of glad that for me at least another TV season has come to an end, and I can get caught up on other things.

And that's our view. What was your favorite season ending episode?

Tune in Thursday for another topic.