I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, May 21, 2012

Kindergarten

Me - I will miss, and I won't miss kindergarten. I will miss my teachers. I will miss  my friends, a lot of them will be going to different schools. I will miss sand. I will miss computers. I will miss housekeeping. I will miss Chocolate bear, our class mascot. I will miss sitting at tables instead of desks. I will my miss afternoons with my mom. I will miss lunches with my mom. I will miss talking with my Mom and my sister on the long walk to school and  talking with my Mom on the long walk home from school. I will miss only having a little bit of homework. I will miss short school days.  I won't miss the long walk to school when it's raining or snowing. I won't miss waiting outside the school in the cold. I won't miss my classroom or the long walk from the front door of the school to my classroom. I won't miss having to write  about what I did over the weekend on Monday at school. I won't miss having to read the teacher's message every single day. I won't miss having so many assemblies because they are too loud. I am looking forward to a shorter walk to school especially in the bad weather. I am looking forward to not having to rush as much to get to school. I am looking forward to a bigger school playground and more time to play on it. In kindergarten, we hardly ever get to go on the playground. Next year, we will have recess almost every day, and sometimes even extra recess.  I am looking forward to being in the same school as my sister even though we will only be in the same school for one year. I am looking forward to making new friends. I am looking forward to a great year and a lot of fun in first grade.*

*The above post is a guest post by little sister, Aurella as dictated to Mom.

Mom - Next year, Aurella, my last baby will be in first grade. I can't believe the time has gone so fast. It seems like just yesterday her older sister, Melia was starting school. I will miss having someone home with me in the afternoons although I hope not having to come and go as much will allow me to get more done in a day. Probably it won't though. No matter what I never seem to get as much done in a day as I would like to. I will miss someone to eat lunch with. On the other hand, maybe I will eat less if I don't have to sit down and wait for somebody else to finish their lunch. It certainly will be a good for my diet not to have somebody's leftovers to finish just because I cannot stand to let good food go to waste by throwing it out. I will miss the long walks to the kindergarten because it is better exercise than the short walk to the elementary school which is literally behind our house. I will especially miss our talks on the way to and from school. I will not miss the rush to get out the door to make it to the school on time nor will I miss the long walks to school in the bad weather. I will miss going to school every Friday to be the Mom helper. I will miss having the opportunity to see and speak with my daughter's teachers every week especially since Aurella is on the quiet side and does not like to ask her teacher anything even when she needs to. I will miss knowing all my daughter's classmates and seeing them every week. I will miss the sweetness of the kindergarten kids. Once they get to elementary school, they get that attitude, and it only gets worse as they get older.  Most of all, I will miss having little kids and babies in the house. Now, I only have big girls. I am proud and happy to have two big girls, but I am a little bit sad too.

And that's our view. What did you feel like or what do you think you will feel like when your youngest child finishes kindergarten?

Tune in Thursday for another topic.