I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Lee Ann Rimes Concert

Me- Last Friday, my family and I went to a Lee Ann Rimes concert. The opening act was a less popular singer named Corey Wagar. At first when Corey came out I thought it was Lee Ann because it was dark and my glasses are broken so I wasn't wearing them. But then once she started singing I knew it wasn' Lee Ann.At the intermission Corey went to the lobby and sold c.ds. She also gave away a single album, autographed and gave away posters, and sold c.ds. Aurella got a poster of her,and I got a poster and a c.d. The concert was great the singers both talked to the audience a lot. Lee Ann sang one of my favorite songs of hers Somethings Gotta Give.  She had on a weird shirt but cute pants and shoes. It was a really great experience forr everyone.

Mom- Last week, the four of us (My husband and our girls and I )  went to a Lee Ann Rimes concert. I had been to see her twice previously, once with my husband and once with my younger daughter, Aurella, but this was the first time we all went together. When I was younger, I didn't really like country music at all. The older I get, the more I like it. With country music, it always sounds like they are singing. That is not always true about some other types of music. I became a fan of Lee Ann Rimes because of Martina McBride. Martina McBride sings my wedding song , Valentine, so when she was appearing  at a concert near us my husband and I decided to go. It happened to be a double concert, Martina McBride and Lee Ann Rimes so we saw Lee Ann too and ended up really liking her. Musically, I liked that concert the best since I didn't really know many of her songs, I couldn't be disappointed about what she sang and didn't sing. Now, even though I like the songs she chooses to sing, there are always songs I am disappointed I didn't get to hear. All in all, her most recent concert, was good. The opening act, Corey Wagar had a pretty voice and her songs were likeable. Lee Ann looked and sounded pretty. She kept up a good banter with the audience throughout the concert despite the fact that she was suffering from a raging tooth infection.  I liked all the songs she sang even the new ones although like I said there were others I would have like to have heard too.  The first time I saw Lee Ann, it was at a big outdoor extravaganza. The last time and this time, it was indoors at a much smaller venue. I equally enjoyed the concert both ways. I mean it's nice to be a part of a crowd of thousands all enjoying something together, but it is also nice to be part of smaller quieter more intimate gathering doing the same.

And that's our view. Who's your  favorite singer?

Tune in Thursday for another topic.