I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Heat

Me - Heat, wow! I hate the heat! It's been really hot here. On Monday, when we had no school, my sister was running around in her underwater. She kept hogging the fan. Every time it turned, she got in front of it and danced around it. When it's hot, I just want to sit inside under or next to a fan. Under one fan and next to another is even better. Fans on all sides would be the best, but I am not able to have that. I don't like to go outside in the heat unless I am swimming. When it's hot, I wish I could just stay underwater in a pool the whole day long. I don't like walking too and from the pool, however. I don't want to step out of my door. On hot days when I have to go up and down the stairs of my house a lot of times, it makes me even hotter. I wish I had someone to carry me around and fan me all day. That would be nice.

Mom - The past week or so we have been having a heat spell. It's been so bad that my husband actually broke down and turned on the air conditioner. He usually doesn't do that until mid to late June at the earliest. I hate the heat. Even with  the air conditioner, it is still hot, and we have fans blasting in almost every room. However, it is still not really cool unless you sit right next to the fan. We actually have our neighborhood swimming pool right up the street from us. However, on a really hot day the walk to and from the pool seems a lot longer than that. Also, I hate having to get changed into a bathing suit, put on on sunblock, and get everything together to go to the pool and then turn around in a hour or two and come home get changed, showered and put everything away again when the heat has made it unbearable to be outside at all. We do go to our pool sometimes, but other times I would just rather stay at home in the air conditioner and in front of or beneath a fan. So I'll just sit here and think about the cold weather and when that comes I won't like it either, but at least with cold you can keep bundling on more and more clothes. There's nothing you can do about heat.

And that's our view. What do you like to do when it's hot?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.