I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Fashion Star

Me - Fashion Star, wow! Fashion Star just recently ended on Tuesday. It was a good show. I liked to watch it with my Mom and sister.  I watched it every week except for one or two weeks they watched without me. It was fun to watch. I liked to see the runway shows and talk about whether or not I liked the clothes. I knew Kara was going to win for almost the whole show. She very much deserved it. Out of the mentors, I think that John was the meanest and Jessica Simpson was the nicest. Nicole Richie was in the middle, but she certainly took an interest in Nzimiro or Zimimi as she called him.  Out of the buyers, I think that Terron was the hardest to please, but then again, Saks Fifth Avenue is  a very very high end store. Caprice was nice, but Nikki was a smidge nicer. As for buying the clothes, the way my Mom and I see it, we can buy from H & M, we can buy from Macy's on sale, and we can never in our lives buy from Saks unless we win the lottery. I really liked most of the clothes. Some were just too weird or too baggy or too something. Hardly any were perfect to me. I really liked Fashion Star, and if they had another season, I would definitely watch it again.

Mom - I had no intention of watching Fashion Star, but I happened to be at a friend's house when the first episode was on, and I ended up watching it, and really liking it. I mean what is not to like about a show that is all about fashion. My girls and I really loved looking at the clothes every week and seeing which ones the stores bought. Sometimes, we agreed with their choices, and sometimes we didn't. We were really glad that Kara won. Weeks ago, we said we could see her winning the whole thing. I really think that of all the designers she showed the most range. I also liked that the mentors actually worked with the contestants during the course of the show and that when they gave their opinions they were not nasty about it. Even the judges tried to be kind in their criticism.  I like that there was no voting involved, and the people who would actually be buying the clothes decided who would be getting eliminated from week to week. I liked that because there was no voting, there was no necessity for a results show. I always think results shows are a waste of time. Just tell me who got eliminated and get on with it. I like that there was a broad range of stores represented or as we call them around our house - H & M, a store where we can afford to shop; Macy's, a store where we can shop when there is a sale; and Saks Fifth Avenue, a store we can't afford to set foot in. I only wish that the show's episodes had been longer so they had enough time to show every designer showing their clothes on the runway every week. I didn't like when they just recapped what happened with some of the designers each week instead of actually showing it. To me, the best part of the show was looking at the clothes on the models and seeing whether any of the stores bought them. My girls and I are so excited to go look up all the clothes that were sold on the show on-line and look for them in the stores now. We aren't necessarily planning to buy any, but it will be fun to see clothes that we've seen on TV in the store and to know who designed them. We might not be convinced that we immediately have to go out and buy the clothes, but we are definitely sold on the show, Fashion Star and can't wait to watch another season.

And that's our view. Who is your favorite designer?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.