I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, April 30, 2012

Sicky Icky

Me - Sick, not wow. I hate being sick. My whole family's been sick in bed this week. It all started Tuesday. My Dad went to the doctor and found out he had a throat infection. Then, when my sister came home she felt sick so my Mom and Dad took her to the doctor and found out she had a virus. Then, I came home from school and felt sick also. I didn't go to the doctor until Thursday. It turned out I had a virus just like my sister did. I have been sleeping most of the week. My sister has been running around the house and making messes and acting like her usual self mostly until Friday when she started complaining about her ear. She was crying and crying so my Mom, and Dad and I took her to the hospital. It turned out she had an ear infection. I have never had an ear infection. My sister's had a few. My brother had a lot when he was little. I remember 3 or 4 times when I was younger my parents woke me up because we had to take my sister to the emergency room. Once or twice she had ear infections, once she had croup, and I don't remember what happened the other times. I only went to the emergency room once. I fell asleep in Sunday school because I was bored and they thought I had passed out and sent me to the hospital by ambulance. There was nothing wrong with me. My parents were really mad about that especially after they got the hospital and ambulance bills. With my current illness, my stomach and head have been hurting really bad, and I thought I would never make it to the next day each time. Each time I woke up, I thought I was dreaming and had to pinch myself to make sure I was awake. Since I've been sick every night I've been waking up a lot of times during the night. Some of those times, I felt like I was going to be all better in the morning. Even though I woke up a lot, I had no trouble falling back to sleep. When I am not sick I have trouble falling asleep. When I woke up in the mornings, I felt terrible all over again. Thursday, I woke up at six in the morning, and I couldn't get back to sleep. I felt terrible, and all I wanted to do was sleep. No one else was up.You could tell I was sick because I spent most of my day resting. Also, I didn't whine or carry on or beg or misbehave or anything. My sister and I didn't fight at all. That was another sign we weren't feeling well. It was a nice break for my Mom except that she was sick too. But the best way to tell that I was really sick was - wait for it - I didn't even mention Full House the whole week. Boy was I sick!

Mom  - I thought we had made it out of the woods since we are well into the spring now, but I was wrong. It started with my husband feeling a little under the weather. Then, Aurella came home from school not feeling well. We took her to the doctor and found out she had a virus. The next day Melia came home from school sick as well. Finally, it spread to me and before, I knew it we were all sick. I blame the crazy weather we've been having. One week it's warm, the next week moderate, and then it's back to being cold again. Anyway, whatever it is we have all been laid up at home for the most part of the past week coughing and sneezing away and just generally feeling horrible. We even had one trip to the emergency room when Aurella suddenly developed an ear infection after the pediatrician's office was closed for the day. The only nice thing about all of us being sick together is that we all get to slow down our busy schedules for a while and just stay home and hang out together. However, we really didn't take advantage of that much. I mean we were all home together, but we didn't watch so much as one movie together. Melia actually spent most of her time sleeping at least during the earlier part of the week. That's how you can tell how badly (or not) she and Aurella are feeling. The more they complain the better they are feeling. When they are really feeling sick all they want to do is lie in bed and not be bothered. My husband is the same way. I generally don't have the luxury of lying in bed the whole day when I am sick unless I am fortunate (if you can call it that) to be sick on a weekend or holiday or when my husband is home. Luckily, I am not sick that much and when I am it usually doesn't last long. The only thing I do get a lot of is headaches. I get headaches when I don't eat enough, headaches when I don't sleep enough, headaches when it my time of the month, and lately I have been getting headaches when I am too hot also. That last part makes me worry about what the summer is going to be like. I mean I don't want to spend my summer with one giant headache so I guess I'll just have to limit my time in the sun. I don't really like the heat anyway,and I really don't like being sick.

And that's our view. What do you like to do when your sick?

Tune in Thursday for another topic.