I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Little House on the Prairie

Me -Little House on the Prairie, wow! I sometimes watch Little House on the Prairie reruns. It's a good show. Carrie and Laura are adorable, and Mary is beautiful. I am reading the books too. I am up to By the Shores of Silver Lake. I started reading it , but then I started reading tons of other books. Now, I am ready to go back to it, but I am going to start over again because I forgot what happened. For a while, I was recording episodes on our DVR. Then, I stopped because I had too many shows, and it wasn't one of my favorites. Also, it's too hard to find time to watch an hour show every day. My Mom told me there is actually a Little House on the Prairie musical. I would like to see it, but unfortunately when it played near us we couldn't go and my Mom didn't tell me about it until after. I would have really liked to see it then because Melissa Gilbert played the mother. In a way, I am glad I didn't though. I would prefer to remember Melissa Gilbert than way she looked when she was on Little House on the Prairie the TV show and not the way she looks now.

Mom - When I was young, I read all the Little House on the Prairie books or at least what I thought was all the Little House on the Prairie books. It turned out there were even more of them than I thought. I never read Farmer Boy, Little Town on the Prairie, or The First Four Years. I also watched Little House on the Prairie on television. It impressed me that Melissa Gilbert felt so close to Michael Landon that when she grew up she named one of her own children after him. Ironically, I don't know what a good family man he was in real life since he met his third wife on the set of the show while he was still married to his second wife. I always felt a kinship with Melissa Gilbert because she played the kind of acting roles that I felt like I would have liked to play if I were an actress. For a while, I did want to be an actress, but I was way too quiet . I did act in the community theater when I was in my teens and twenties. Therefore,  I especially related to the roles Melissa was playing when she was in her teens and twenties, roles like Anne Frank, Helen Keller, and Rose White in the off Broadway show "A Shayna Maidel". I actually did play Rose White in a community theater production of "A Shayna Maidel" and I was also in the show "The Diary of Anne Frank" but I played Margot Frank.  When I saw Melissa on Dancing With Stars, I was shocked and couldn't believe how old she looked. Could it really have been so many years? I think the worst part was knowing that Melissa Gilbert is only about a year or so older than me, looking at her, made me feel old. I am not old. I couldn't be. I don't feel a a day older than the day I graduated college. The years keep going by, but I don't feel any different.

And that's our view. Tune in Thursday for another topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment