I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, April 2, 2012

Dancing With the Stars

Me - Dancing with the Stars, wow! Dancing With the Stars is one of the only reality shows I watch. It is so good. This season Roshon Fegan from Shake It Up, which is one of my favorite shows is dancing on the show. I very much think he will win, but there are two other people who are doing really well so far also. Melissa Gilbert from Little House on the Prairie is also on this season. Although I wasn't alive when the show was actually on, I watch reruns. As Laura, she was so cute. Now, she doesn't look anything like that. I don't believe it's her. Whenever, they show her I say to Mom "That's not Melissa Gilbert!" Whenever there is a new couple dancing, like with award shows, we get serious about everything. We say whether we like the shoes, the outfits, the hair etc. I hated the season that Nicole Scherzinger won. I really wanted Anna Trebunskaya and Evan Lysacek. I love Anna, and I really love saying her name. I'm obsessed with accents so I love that a lot of the dancers including Anna have foreign accents. There is only one accent I have ever heard that I absolutely despise and that's the one belonging to Martina Navratilova. I hate her accent so much. Dancing With the Stars is a really good show.

Mom - Dancing With the Stars is one of the few reality shows I actually like. For my girls and I, it so much more than just about the dancing. It's about the dresses and the shoes and the hair and even about the music. As we watch, we give a thumbs up or thumbs down to every element of the show. We watch the show recorded a day or two after it airs so we never vote on the outcome. Also, we don't watch the results show which, unless there is somebody appearing on it that we really want to hear singing, we think is a waste of time. I mean, why can't they just say who got eliminated at the beginning of the next episode instead of wasting a whole hour of television doing it? One of the things I really like about the show is that everybody on it is already a professional dancer or famous (or infamous) for doing something else. So if they don't win, they can go back to whatever it is they usually do. In other words, nobody is getting their dreams crushed which is one of the things I don't like about most other reality competitions. We don't watch every season of the show. We only watch when the contestants interest us. I would say we've watched about half the seasons. Our favorite was the season Kristi Yamaguchi won although last season when J.R. Martinez won was really inspiring. Generally, we agree with the final results except the season when Nicole Sherzinger won.We really wanted Evan Lysacek to win. Although I have to admit, Nicole was good and deserving of the award. We just liked Evan a little bit better. Watching Dancing With Stars almost inspires me to go out and take dancing lessons myself but if I am not going to have the wardrobe and live band and everything that they do then I think I'll pass.

And that's our view. Tune in Thursday for another topic.