I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, May 10, 2021

Things Are Looking Up


Here is what is making us feel happy and hopeful this week.

1) Both my husband and I are fully vaccinated. My older daughter gets her second vaccine next weekend. My younger daughter will be vaccinated as soon as she is eligible which will hopefully be next week or soon thereafter.

2) Mostly everyone we know is vaccinated as well including at least one person we know who wasn't going to get the vaccine because she is deathly afraid of needles. 

3) Unlike last year when we were stuck inside,  we were was able to get out of the house this year for Mother's Day both going to a restaurant on Saturday and visiting my mom at her house on Sunday. 

4) We were able to see our first movie in over a year in a theater instead of at home on our TV.

5)  We finally have Broadway shows to look forward to again as Broadway's reopening has been announced for this fall. Some shows have already announced their reopening dates. Even more, should be announcing reopening dates shortly.

6) I already have my first in-person shows to look forward to covering next weekend at a couple of smaller venues which have already reopened. After a year without any live theater, I am really looking forward to attending these shows even with social distancing and mask-wearing requirements still in place

6) Things are sure to be even better by the summer.  We are looking forward to a more busy, more fun, and more normal summer even if things are not yet completely back to normal, and we still can't have quite the summer we are used to especially without any Broadway shows reopened yet. 

What is making you happy and hopeful this week?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesdays.

Image by Free-Photos from Pixabay

No comments:

Post a Comment