I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, November 21, 2016

Shows We Miss: The Toy Hunter

The Toy Hunter was a TV show that ran on Travel Channel from 2012 through 2014.

Me - The Toy Hunter, wow! The Toy Hunter was a show where there was a guy named Jordan. He made appointments to go to people's houses and go through all their old toys. He found things that he thought were worth money and bought them from them and resold them. Usually, he found and bought a lot of Star Wars and Star Trek and super heros and stuff. He rarely ever bought girl toys even when he was looking through a woman's toys. One time, he found an original Barbie. He bought it and sold it for over $1.000. The Toy Hunter was a really cool show. *

*The above is guest post by Melia.

Mom - I liked the show the Toy Hunter. I loved it when he found toys that reminded me of my childhood. The only thing I didn't like it about is it was that it was more about boy toys like action figures and things than about girl toys like dolls. For every Easy Bake Oven and original Barbie he found and bought, there seemed to be hundreds of super heroes and Star Wars figures that he found and bought. I wish there had been a different version of the show about somebody who was more interested in finding girl toys. I still liked watching the show anyway though. It made me wish I had saved all my old toys and maybe, some of them would be worth something now. I mean my kids have plenty of toys in our basement although they are getting older and don't really play with them anymore. However, most of the toys in our basement are too new and probably not in good enough condition to sell. Well, they might be in good enough condition to sell at a garage sale or something, but not in good enough condition to sell for a lot of money. Too bad.

And that's our view. What was you favorite toy you ever had?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment