1) Says Your ABCs - This game for little kids consists of just reciting the alphabet.
2) Find Something That Starts With - This game also for a little kids consists of looking for something that starts with a particular letter or for really little kids with a particular sound.
3) Find a letter - Pick a letter. See how many of that letter you can find. This game and the next game are good for long card rides or if you are spending a long time in one area that has a lot of billboards or signs or something like that, for instance, Times Square in New York City. It can be played by younger kids or older kids.
5) Pick a Category - Choose a category like girls names. or movies or songs. Go down the alphabet everybody has to say something for each letter that starts with that letter. This is more of a game for older kids and adults but younger kids may be able to do some categories with help. Also, there may be some letters for some categories for which not everybody can come up with an answer but if you think hard most of the time there is at least one answer for each letter.
6) Alliterative Sentences - Each person takes turns making up an alliterative sentence for each letter of the alphabet.
7) Starting and Ending letters - Pick a category like food or places or whatever, One person says something in the category. The next person has to say something that starts with the letter the last person's word ends with.
8) Backwards ABCs - This game where you recite your ABC's backwards is not necessarily as easy as it sounds.
What other alphabet games can you think of?
Tune in tomorrow for a Saturday Special.
photo credit: Pile of Scrabble Letters via photopin (license)