I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, September 7, 2015

The End of the Summer Season


Me - The end of summer/start of school year, not wow! There is so much to do. I hate it! I am not looking forward to going back to school. I do like getting back into routines. I also like that soon it will get back into sweatpants and leggings season. I liked winter clothes because they are more comfortable. This time of year I also like getting new school supplies and sometimes new clothes for school. However, I don't like having to go to school and use them. There is so much I still wanted to do this summer, and now I am rushing to get it all done. I think I will get it all done. I am a pretty determined person. Once I set my mind on something, there is like a 95% chance I am going to get it done. 

Mom - There is a part of me that likes the end of summer and getting back into the routine, However, there is another larger part of me that doesn't want the summer to end especially this summer. I feel particularly sad to see this summer end. After two not so good summers in a row, this one has been mostly pretty awesome and enjoyable. Even though we didn't take a long vacation, we went on a 1 night trip and two 2 night trips. We have never been on more than one overnight trip in a summer before. Even when we weren't away we did all kinds of fun things. We went to shows, baseball games, amusement and water parks,  and to a concert. We went to all kinds of other fun places too like a mine, a racetrack and a nature preserve. Other things we did included a couple of walking tours, a bus tour and a boat ride. Some of the places we visited we have already posted about in one of our Where-To-Go Wednesdays and/or in one of our Talking Topics posts, Others we will post about  in the coming weeks.

And that's our view. What did you do this summer?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

photo credit: little tyrannosaurus rex via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment