I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, December 29, 2014

Monthly Mash-up for December, 2014: Idina Menzel and The End of the Year

Me - My topic for this month is Idina Menzel, the most wonderful woman alive. I love her so much, and I wish I could meet her. If I could meet her that would be the happiest day of my life. She is super talented and pretty. I am so sad that I never got to see her play Elphaba, the wicked witch, in Wicked. In fact, unfortunately, I have never seen her on Broadway at all. However, I have seen her in the movies, and I have all her CDs. My favorite movies of hers are Enchanted and Frozen. Both of those, I only saw because she was in them, but ended up loving. Before, I knew Idina voiced Elsa in Frozen I actually thought the movie looked stupid. Then, when I found out she voiced Elsa, I had to see it,. Now, it is one of my favorite movies.  My two favorite songs happen to be songs Idina sings, Defying Gravity from Wicked and Let It Go from Frozen. Some other versions of Defying Gravity are okay, but I only like Let It Go when Idina sings it. She was my favorite guest star on Glee. I love Idina.

Mom -My topic for this month is the end of the year.  I love the end of the year, and I hate the end of the year. For me the end of the year is a time of reflection. I think about what was good in the year that is ending and what was bad.  I try to focus on the good as much as possible and not so much the bad. I think about what I have to look forward to in the new year.  I think about what I am grateful for in my life even more so than I actually do on Thanksgiving. I think about my life in general. I think about things I would like to keep the same and things I would like to change. Then, I make not just one New Year's resolution, but a whole bunch of them. For me, however, New Year's resolution are not narrow and specific things  like I want to lose weight or whatever.  It's more of plan for the year of the kind of person, I would like to be and the kind of things I want to accomplish in the year ahead. Also, they are not always about things I want to change but also sometimes about things I want to keep the same.  They are not something I share with other people either. They are sort of a guiding plan that I keep for myself in the year ahead.  Still even with this plan, when it comes to actually sticking to my goals for the year, I am just like everybody else sometimes I keep my resolutions and sometimes I don't. However, by making a lot of resolutions instead of just one at least I manage to keep some of them. What better way to start off a new year than to feel like I've accomplished at least something in the year that has just passed.