I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, April 28, 2014

Monthly Mash-up for April, 2014: Easter Party and The Scary World We Live In

Me- My topic for today is the Easter party I went to this year. I don't usually go to Easter parties because we don't celebrate Easter. This year I went to one at my cousins' with my grandparents and my sister. I played with two of my favorite younger cousins. They are so cute! My sister was playing with our other cousins. A bunch of us went on a boat ride with my cousins' Dad. They have a lake behind their house. It was really fun! One of my little cousins sat on my lap. We went to a little beach/playground. I played on the slide with my little cousin. She went down the slide, and I would catch her. Then, I pushed her on the tire swing. After, we went on the tire swing together. I had a really fun day.

Mom-  My topic for today is this scary world we live in. As the first anniversary of the Boston Marathon Bombing recently passed, I am reminded once again what a scary world we live in. You can't let your kids out of your sight. You have to take your shoes off to board an airplane. I can't even go to my daughter's school without first signing in on-line and printing out a pass. What kind of world are our children growing up in? It scares me every day. I mean if this is what the world is like now what is it going to be like in the future? We went from a world where people didn't even lock their doors to a world where everyone locked their doors to a world where people are afraid to go out of their doors and with good reason. However, despite all this most of us do keep on going out and we do keep on living our lives and we do keep on doing what we want to do taking reasonable precautions. If we didn't, then evil would win, and we can't let that happen. I still would like to believe that there is more good in the world than bad, but sometimes it is hard to believe.

And that's our view. What on your mind?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.