I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, April 14, 2014

Bike Riding

Me - Bike riding, wow! I like to ride my bike. I learned to ride a two wheel bike between Kindergarten and first grade. It took me a long time to start learning to ride my bike, but once I started I learned quick. I like feeling the wind in my hair when I ride. I like to ride really fast. I ride around my neighborhood. I like to ride by myself or with my neighbor. Once in a while, my Dad rides with me. I would ride with my sister, but she refuses to learn to ride a two wheeler. Even though my Dad and I are always trying to teach her. I like the bike I have now. I hated my old bike. It was really ugly. I was glad when I outgrew it and got a new bike. My bike now is pink and princessy but not in little kid way. It is really girly. This spring and summer I am hoping to ride more than I did last year.


Mom - I haven't been bike riding in years. When I was little and I learned to ride my bike, it was before helmets and knee pads and shoulder pads were required. I remember taking hard tumbles on the pavement and scrapping up my arms and legs. I never hit my head though. All our kids took a long time learning to ride their bikes. It isn't really so much because it took them a long time to learn. It just took them a long time before they decided they wanted to learn. Once they decided to learn, they learned pretty quickly at least Melia and my stepson. Aurella is still in the process of learning how to ride a two wheeler. It took her longer to learn to swim too, and she still doesn't swim as well as her sister and stepbrother because she only went to lessons for Mommy and Me class. When she was old enough to take a class without me and just with the teacher and the other kids, she refused to get in the pool.  She is still not a strong swimmer. I think she is a little bit afraid of swimming just as I think she is a little afraid of bike riding. I don't remember being afraid to ride a bike although I am sure at some point I probably was because I was that kind of kid. I was not the kind of kid who always wanted to try new things. Of course, eventually I did learn to ride a bike, and I loved it as all kids usually do. However, I don't like bike riding now. I know they say that once you learn to ride a bicycle you never forget. However, the last time I got on a bike when I was in my twenties or so, it just didn't feel right. I didn't feel comfortable. I felt kind of wobbly. I haven't been on a bike since.

And that's our view. When did you learn to ride a bike and do you still ride?