I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Nashville

Me- Nashville, wow! I really love Nashville. It is a great show. There are great characters and great stories. I love the storylines. Some of my favorite characters are Rayna, Deacon and Scarlet. Scarlet is so innocent. I also like Rayna's daughters especially the younger one who is really cute. I don't like Teddy, Rayna's husband. I also don't like Peggy. I thought that Sean was really good for Juliet. He deserves someone better though. I don't like Rayna's father. I am sure that he did something to fix the election though. I am glad that he is not my father. I don't like Scarlet's ex. I think she should get together with her song-writing partner, Gunnar. Gunnar's ex-girlfriend, Hayley is pretty, but I would rather see him with Scarlet even though I am pretty sure that is not going to happen. I love the music from the show. We are downloading some of the songs and getting the album. I can't wait! My favorite songs are Telescope and Wrong Song. I really love Nashville and I can't wait to see it every week and see what is going to happen next.

Mom- One of my favorite new shows is Nashville. The plots are mostly interesting. I find myself eagerly looking forward to what is going to happen from week to week. The characters are interesting. Most of them are not all black and white. They have shades of good and bad to their characters.   My favorite characters are Rayna James, the established star, Deacon, her ex and fellow band-mate, and Scarlet, the up and coming song writer. However, the best part of the show is the music. While I don't love every song. I do like a lot of them and find myself wanting to hear them again. I can't wait to get the soundtrack. Nashville is everything that I thought Smash would be, but it wasn't. When I heard about Smash, I couldn't wait to see it. I am a big fan of Broadway theater and have seen many Broadway shows myself. At first though, I couldn't really get into it. I continued to watch and grew to like it by the end of the season. However, I still don't love it. I love show music too and have many soundtracks. However, the music from Smash for the most part didn't really grab me either. There are songs I like, but I am not sure if there are enough of them to bother purchasing the soundtrack. There are none that I feel like I can't wait to hear again. So far I haven't purchased it. I have heard that there are lot of changes in store for Smash this year. I'm glad to hear that. Maybe, it will become the show I was expecting in the first place. Maybe, it will become a must watch show that I will look forward to watching every week like I do Nashville.

And that's our view. Do you prefer Smash or Nashville or neither?