I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, February 11, 2013

American Girl

Me -American Girl, wow! I have been to American Girl twice. I went for my birthday once with my Mom, Dad, sister, Grandma, Aunt and cousin. I got two American Girls, Rebecca and Molly. My sister and my cousin got Bitty Babies. We had tea in the cafe. The second time I went with my Girl Scout troop. I didn't get another American Girl. I did have Rebecca's hair done. I wanted to take Molly with me instead, but I couldn't find her. That time I ate spaghetti and meatballs. It was so good. Also, I drank pink lemonade for the first time. I would like to get another American Girl doll. I would like to get Julie. I always wanted Samantha too, but they don't make her any more. I used to have a  bunch of American Girl movies, but I don't any more. I don't really read the American Girl books that much. I haven't even read the ones that were about my dolls. I really like the American Girl store. Maybe, some day I'll go back and eat their spaghetti again. It is really good spaghetti.

Mom - Before I had kids, one summer, my husband and I went to Chicago. It seemed like every little girl in Chicago walked around with an American Girl bag. I longed for a little girl of my own that I could take to American Girl. A few years later not only did I have two little girls of my own, but there was an American Girl a lot closer to home in New York City. We first went there for one of Melia's birthdays. My Mom, my sister, and my niece went with us. American Girl is a dream come true for little girls, full of dolls, doll clothes and accessories. We got Melia two American Girls and Aurella and my niece each a Bitty Baby.  The girls got to have tea with their new dolls. Tea included cinnamon buns, sandwichs, and cookies among other things.  The food was really good. A few years later, Melia and I went to American Girl again with her Girl Scout troop. This time Melia had her American Girl's hair done. We had dinner. The food was equally as good. We both had spaghetti with cheese filled meatballs. I loved going to American Girl with my daughters, but I wish they would have had it when I was a kid.

And that's our view. What is some place special that you've been or you would like to go with your kids?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday. For more about American Girl see this Wednesday's Where-To-Go Wednesday.