I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Award Shows

Me -  Award shows, wow! I like award shows. I like to look at the clothes that everyone is wearing. I like the Oscars because I like to see what movies win the awards. I like to see what is nominated even though I haven't seen most of the movies usually. The Grammys I like to see what songs are nominated. Also, I like to see the live performances. I like the Emmys because I like to see which shows are up for awards. I like to see if any of the shows I watch win any awards. I like the Tonys because I like to see the performances from the shows. I like the Golden Globes. The Golden Globes are special to me. The Golden Globe was the first topic we ever blogged about, and here we are more than two years later.

Mom - I like the Oscars because I like to look at the clothes and see if I can guess who is going to win the awards. I very often haven't seen most of the movies that are nominated for awards. I like the Grammys if I like the songs that are performed on the show. It is mostly about the performances anyway. They hardly given any awards away on the show any more. Lately, I usually know most songs from hearing them performed on Glee and not from hearing them sung by the original artists. Now, that I have given up Glee, I will probably not know as many current songs so I will probably not have much interest in the Grammys. I like the Emmys only if shows I watch are nominated for awards. Lately, Modern Family always wins all the comedy awards. That doesn't interest me so much because I don't watch that. I like the performances from the nominated shows on the Tony Awards too. I like the Golden Globes because they have separate categories for dramas and comedies or musicals for movies too and not just for TV shows. I wish it was that way at the Oscars too. I really love a good drama but some comedies and the actors in them are equally as good, but they hardly ever win. That is the problem with awards. It is all subjective.

And that's our view. What is your favorite awards show?

No comments:

Post a Comment