I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, October 26, 2020

Monthly Mashup for October, 2020 Popcorn and Picking Favorites

Me - My topic for this month is popcorn. Popcorn is one of my favorite snacks. I like all kinds of popcorn but only when its buttery or cheesy or some other flavor I like. Movie popcorn always smells really good but never tastes that good. Microwave popcorn is much better but doesn't taste as buttery as it used to. I still love to eat it though. Sometimes, we put flavorings on our microwave popcorn. My favorites are white cheddar and garlic parmesan. I love to eat popcorn with flavorings, but unfortunately, we don't have them that much. Once we had bunch of different flavorings. We had them for a long time. We tried them on all different things not just popcorn. That was fun. Another time, we just tried different foods we had around the house on our popcorn including a lot of condiments. It was interesting, but mostly they weren't very good.  I just love popcorn


I Love ?

Mom - My topic for this month is favorites. I always have trouble picking favorites. I have a favorite color,  purple, and a favorite movie, The Sound of Music. Both of those have been my favorite for as long as I can remember. The Sound of Music was actually the first movie I ever saw, and it's been my favorite ever since. However, in most other areas, I don't have a favorite.My favorite song changes constantly depending on what I'm in the mood for or what's been on my mind lately. Picking a favorite Broadway show would be like picking a favorite child so I just couldn't possibly do it. There are just too many Broadway shows that I really love. I don't have a favorite TV show. There are ones that I like but again it depends on what I'm in the mood for. I kind of have a favorite game show Jeopardy but there are a lot of other ones I like a lot too especially the newer ones on the game show channel like America Says, Common Knowledge, and Master Minds. Somehow, I guess choosing favorites feels like narrowing down my choices too much even though rationally I know that just because something is my favorite doesn't mean I always have to stick with just that one thing. Or maybe, it's just too much of a commitment to pick a favorite. Whatever it is, I rarely have favorites of anything,

And that's our view. What's on your mind?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment