I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, August 26, 2019

Monthly Mashup for August, 2019 Scrunchies and The Aftermath of Moving


Me - My topic for this month is hair scrunchies. Lately, I have been really into them. My mom recently got a lot of them in different colors so I have been wearing them a lot. I especially like the silk ones because they look shiny. The colors in the packs my mom got are are really pretty. There are a lot of colors that are very similiar but no two are exactly the same. It is nice because it gives us a lot of varation of colors to choose from. If I wear two outfits in a row that have similar colors I can change things up by wearing a different scrunchie. Scrunchies are simple and yet fancy at the same time. They go with pretty much any outfit since they are not neccessarily fancy. Yet, you can  also use them in just about any hairstyle to make it a little bit fancier. They go with almost everything since they come in so many colors. They can also be used for other purposes besides putting them in your hair. For instance, you can wear them as bracelet or to keep something closed by putting one tightly around it. Scrunchies are great!


Mom - My topic for this month is the aftermath of moving . We recently moved. I actually have never been so happy to move in my life. I really hated where we used to lived.  While I do like our new home a lot better than our previous home, we are still in transition right now where we are really making our new place our home by unpacking and getting everything we need and don't have and figuring out where to put everything. I really hate that transition time. I just want to everything to be unpacked and to have everything we need and for it all to be where it belongs as if we had already lived here for years. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way especially because we need quite a lot of new things including some new furniture since there are things that need to be replaced and things that we didn't have in the first place because our previous home was smaller.  I wish we could take care of everything at once, but that is not possible either financially or timewise. However, right now it feels like it will take forever to get everything we need and put everything they way we want it to be. I hate that. I can't wait for all to be done. I will never be able to feel completely settled  in our new home until it is.

And that's our view. What's on your mind?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

Moving Van photo credit: Seth Granville Al's Moving "Big Bertha" via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment