I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Where-To-Go Wednesday - Radio City StagedoorTour


What: Radio City Stagedoor Tour

Where: Radio City Music Hall
             1260 Avenue of the Americas
              New York, NY

When: Daily 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM

Who: All ages

 
 

Me: The Radio City Stagedoor Tour was super enjoyable. It was really fun. We went around and learned about different areas and a little bit of the history of the location. We got to go under the stage. It can hold a lot of weight and be raised and lowered. We learned about the decorations on the walls and the carpets and stuff. They were really fascinating. There is also a part of the tour where you could meet one of the rockettes, and ask her some questions. You could also take your picture with her. It was really cool! That was one of my favorite parts of the tour. We didn't really get to go in the auditorium though because someone was practicing for a performance that night. It would be nice if we were able to go in there, but I still enjoyed the tour even though we weren't able to. Anyway, I have been in the auditorium before because I've been to a couple shows at Radio City Music Hall. I had never been to the other places on the tour. We also went in a projection room where they used to show movies on a screen that would come down. They would have a movie, and then a whole show with the rockettes. I wish I could have seen that. I saw the Christmas show once and the Spring show when they had it. I liked the Spring show. I wish they'd bring that one back. I am really glad to have had the opportunity to see shows at Radio City and to see the Rockettes dancing, and I am glad to have had the opportunity to take the Radio City Stagedoor Tour. It is definitely worth it!

 

Mom - Radio City has been a part of my life since I was a young child. My grandmother used to take me there when I was a kid, and we would see a movie followed by a full stage show starring the fabulous Rockettes. When I was older I went to concerts there. Later, I took my children to little kid shows like Dora and Barney. In recent years, we went to the Christmas Spectacular and the Spring Spectacular (the latter was changed to a summer show the following year, and since then they haven't had that show; we really enjoyed it though). However, even with all the times I have been to Radio City, there is so much that I did not know about the inner workings and the history of the venue so it  was very exciting to have the opportunity to take the stagedoor tour.  The tour covers everything from the area beneath the stage to the projection booth at the top. It may vary slightly depending on what is going on at the venue at that time. You may get to hear that night's performers doing their soundcheck. However, if that happens, you won't actually get to go into the auditorium itself on the tour. You will definitely get to meet one of the famous Rockettes. You will see pictures of performers that have appeared at the venue throughout the years and events that have occurred there as well as pictures of the Rockettes throughout the years.You will even get to sneak a peak into the costume shop and see some of the many colorful costumes the Rockettes have worn over the years. Plus there is a whole lot more on the tour. Whether you grew up with Radio City like I did or not, the Radio City Stagedoor is fun and fascinating.

 
For more about the Radio City Stagedoor tour, visit https://www.msg.com/venue-tours/radio-city-music-hall?icmp=int-radio-city_vlp-venue-tours-module_venue-tours.

And that's our view. Tune in tomorrow for Theater Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment