I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, June 24, 2019

Monthly Mashup for June, 2019 America Says and Authors


Me - My topic for this month is America Says. America Says is a game show on GSN. Two teams  of four people compete. They have to guess how people answered a particular question. The top seven answers are on the board. The first letter of each answer is shown and a team has 30 seconds to try the guess all the answers. America Says is one of my two favorite game shows. I like it because it's fun to watch, and I am good at guessing the answers.  It is really amusing to watch too.  Some of the answers that people comes up with are really funny. The show has only been on about two seasons so far. My mother watched the first episode without me even though we were planning to watch it together. I walked in when she was in the middle of watching the next episode. Ever since then I have been watching it with her. I really love it!



Mom - My topic for this months is authors. I have always loved books. My first favorite author was Carolyn Haywood who wrote B is for Betsy. When I was older, I liked authors like Laura Ingalls Wilder, Beverly Cleary, and Judy Blume. Later, I went through a phase where I really loved mysteries. I loved Agatha Christie, and I read all her books. Nowadays, I like authors whose books are always different and you never know what they are going to come up with next. Some of my favorites are Jody Picoult, Eileen Goudge and Joy Fielding. Jody Picoults books usually deal with serious issues like school shootings, teen suicide or children with Asperger's syndrome. Eileen Goudge's books often deal with families or people who are like families. Joy Fielding writes thrillers. However, they are more pyschological thrillers than horror thrillers. With some authors, it seems like basically they are just writing the same book over and over and over again. With these authors, it is not like that at all. That is why I love them.

And that's our view. What's on your mind?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

Photo credit for library photo sniggie Finding I.M. Pei at Bartholomew County Public Library via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment