I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, May 9, 2019

Theater Thursday - Pretty Woman


What: Pretty Woman

Where: Nederlander Theatre
             208 W. 41 St.
             New York, NY

Who: Recommended for Ages 13 and Up Due to Subject Matter




Me - Pretty Woman was a really good show. I liked it more than I expected to. I had never seen the movie and based on the subject matter, I wasn't sure if I was going to like it. However, I really loved it. The story was  really romantic. Vivian and Edward were a really cute couple. Samantha Barks and Andy Karl who played them made a really good pair which is kind of funny because his real wife, Orfeh is in the show too. The acting was great. I really liked the music too. My favorite song is Anywhere But Here which is a very pretty ballad. I liked the costumes a lot. Vivian's costumes were beautiful especially this one blue polka dot dress she wore that I really loved. People who love a good romance would like this show whether they have seen the movie or not.




Mom - Pretty Woman is a sweet and romantic show very much like the movie of the same name. Samantha Barks is a delight in the title role of Vivian Ward. She and Andy Karl in the role of Edward Lewis have a nice chemistry, which is kind of amusing since his real-life wife, Orfeh, is also in the cast. Orfeh plays Vivian's roommate, Kit, and she is also terrific in a role that I barely remember from the movie. Orfeh's fierce turn in the role makes it much more memorable. The show is full of beautiful songs that you will want to listen to again written by rock star, Bryan Adams along with Jim Vallance.  The songs are the perfect mix of Broadway and Pop music and include a number of heartfelt ballads for both Vivian and Edward including Anywhere But Here and This is My Life for her and Something About Her and Freedom for him. There are also a lot of fun upbeat songs like Welcome to Hollywood and The Luckiest Girl in the World. If you hated the movie Pretty Woman, you probably won't like this show much, but if you liked the movie, you will probably like the show, and it will probably be very nostalgic for you in a lot of ways. If you have never seen the movie, but you enjoy a good love story, this show would be a good choice. It is definitely one of the most romantic shows currently on Broadway.




For more information or to purchase tickets to Pretty Woman, visit prettywomanthemusical.com

Tune in tommorrow for Funtivity Friday.

Photo credits: All Pretty Woman production photos by Matthew Murphy

2 comments:

  1. I've seen a couple plays on Broadway, but no musicals. This would be neat to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really good show. Thanks for visiting Says Me Says Mom.

      Delete