I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, August 13, 2018

Let's Talk About Buses


Me - There are a lot of buses. However, the only buses I know are school buses, New Jersey Transit buses and Academy Buses I only took a school bus for a month. When I was little my Mom drove me to school. When I was older we walked to school because it was behind our house. Now, my Dad drives me to school because we moved about a month into the last school year. They don't have school buses were I live now. I like New Jersey Transit buses the best. They are my favorite. I like them the best because they take me to New York, and I love New York! Also, I like New Jersey buses because sometimes when we take them we run into our friend Sean. He works backstage on Broadway so he commutes by bus. Some of the New Jersey Transit buses are different. I like the older ones better. They are more comfortable. It is easier to movie the seats up and down. Sometimes, on New Jersey transit buses the buttons to move the seats back break and then the seats won't move. I hate that because than I can't move my seat back, and I can't get comfortable. I have only been on an Academy bus a few times. Sometimes, in the morning when we are waiting for a New Jersey Transit bus an Academy bus comes, and we are able to take that. I like that because they have free WiFi,  and there is not free WiFi on New Jersey transit buses. Once we went on another bus to New York. I forgot what it was called. I prefer New Jersey transit. It was also more expensive. All in all, I really like buses especially when they are New Jersey transit buses.


Mom - When I was in elementary school we walked to school. From fifth grade on, I took the bus. I hated that. It was always noisy and there are always so many annoying kids on school buses. Now, I take New Jersey transit buses all the time. Luckily, I generally don't have to ride during rush hour so it's not so bad. The best times to travel is after 10:00 in the morning and before 4:00 in the afternoon or after 9:00 at night. Otherwise, there will be too much traffic and it will take a long time. I especially hate stop and go traffic whether I am in a bus or in a car, stop and go traffic gives me a headache. We are lucky because our bus run all the time every half hour so we can come and go whenever we want without having to worry about a bus schedule. Sometimes going into the City on a weeknight, the buses are not very crowded. However, coming home it seems like no matter what time you leave the City the buses are almost always crowded. On the weekends, going on the bus can be crowded too. Also, some people use the bus for transportation up and down the highway, and they don't actually go all the way into the City so that is one reason why the buses are more crowded than the used to be. I hate having to sit near the back of the bus. It is noiser there, and sometimes, I get motion sickness sitting back there. I much prefer to sit closer to the front when I can. In general, I don't mind taking the bus, but if I could get where I needed to go without driving myself and without taking the bus I would. I would still rather take the bus than drive though.


And that's our view. Do you like to ride the bus?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

photo credits
photo #1: Can Pac Swire M7 via 6 Av via Amsterdam via photopin (license)
photo credit 2: ThoseGuys119 First Student #319 via photopin (license)
photo credit 3: barryskeates bus 58 via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment