I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Tips for Tuesday - Books: Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing and Dewey the Library Cat


                                      

Me - Today I am recommending Judy Blume's Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing and its sequels. These are great books for third graders. They are about a kid named Peter and his troublesome younger brother who they call Fudge. The books are really funny. Another nice thing about them is that even though many of  Judy Blume's books are more books that girls would read than boys, the Fudge books are enjoyed by both girls and boys. My third grade teacher read it aloud to our class and everybody loved it.  Kids have always loved these books and will continue to love them.

Mom - Today I am recommending Dewey the Library Cat by Vicki Myron. Dewey is the true story of a cat who was found in the Spencer Public Library in Spencer, Iowa. He was adopted by the library staff and became the official library cat and eventually became famous all over the world. It is a great book to read aloud with your child. My younger daughter and I read it together when she was in kindergarten. However, if you're child is especially sensitive just be warned that the ending of the book is sad, and you may want to choose a different book. That part was especially hard for my daughter and I because we had an older cat who was in the last stages of her life when we read the book. We cried through the whole last chapter or two. There are also several young children's books about Dewey as well as another chapter book called Dewey's Nine Lives.

And that's our view. Tune in tomorrow for Where-To-Go Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment