I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, July 28, 2014

Monthly Mash-up for July, 2014: Bethany Mota and Webkinz

Me- My topic for this month is Bethany Mota. I love Bethany Mota. Bethany Mota is a famous Youtuber. She does fashion, make-up and hair tutorials. She does reviews and haul videos showing  her purchases. She does D.I.Y.  videos and tag videos.  She also does other things. Bethany is very inspirational to lot of people. She is definitely not afraid to be herself which I love. Since, I have started watching her videos, it has made me more confident about myself and more comfortable in my own skin. Even if you don't wear make-up and even if you don't have money to buy the things she can buy, you will still love her videos because they are still really cool and fun to watch.

Mom-My topic for this month is Webkinz. For anyone who doesn't know Webkinz are stuffed animals that come with codes if you enter the code at the Webkinz web-site you can play with a virtual version of your toy in Webkinz World. Webkinz are not as popular as they used to be, and I can't say I am very sad about it. I mean it's not only that at one time it was the hot popular toy that children couldn't get enough of (my own daughter had something like 15 of them at one time). There is always going to be some toy that serves that function. It is the way they run their web-site that annoys me. First of all, when you enter your pets name on the Webkinz site if you accidentally enter the name wrong, there is no way to fix it. Don't they realize they are dealing with children and children make mistakes? Second of all, and more importantly if you don't go on the Webkinz site for  a certain period of time, all your pets will be eliminated and there is no way to enter them on the site again. In order to get more virtual Webkinz,  you have to buy more stuffed animals and enter their codes on the site. I never heard of any other web-site either for children or adults that does something like that. I mean maybe after you have not accessed your account on a web-site for a very long time, something like a few years, it might get eliminated, but it would not happen after only a few months like at Webkinz World. There is no reason for  it be this way either except as a ploy to get kids to want to buy more Webkinz. I for one, think that it shameful. It is bad enough toy advertising is made to convince kids that they absolutely must have this, that or the other thing, but to convince kids that they need to continuously go and repurchase products they have already purchased is even worse. As a result, the Webkinz craze was one I was more than happy to see die down.

Tune in tomorrow for Where-To-Go Wednesday.