I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, July 14, 2014

Beds


Me- Beds, wow! I love my bed. When I was a baby, I slept in a crib. When I was older my crib converted to a toddler bed. When my younger sister was going to be born, I moved to a big bed. It had a bookshelf behind it. It may have been a long time ago, but I clearly remember it. At first, the little bed was still in my room too. I said it was my favorite doll, Boo's bed. I put all my other toys in the bed too. They were having a slumber party with Boo. Eventually, my parents took the little bed away and put the mattress back in the crib for my sister. When my sister got older, we got bunk beds, and we got a big bookshelf. I slept on the top. I felt so tall. I was afraid of heights at first but I got over that. When my brother moved out and his room was empty, my sister moved into his room. We still had the bunk beds but we took them apart. I had the bottom, and my sister had the top. It was that way for a long time. Then, my Dad decided we were all going to get new mattresses. It hated it. It was really uncomfortable. Then, we got foam pads for my sister and my beds and it was much more comfortable. last year, my parents gave me a smaller bed  which we had in our basement. It has a , in case, I want to have a friend sleepover. Also, it is really soft and more comfortable then the bed I used to have. I love my bed!


Mom- When I was younger I had big all to myself. It was a . Eventually, we took the canopy down but I still had the same bed. When I graduated college and moved out of my parents house, I still had the same bed. At first, I lived in an apartment with a roommate. Later, I lived in my own apartment, and I got my first cat, Gigi. Gigi slept with me every night. I slept on my bed with my head on one pillow, and she slept next to me on the extra pillow on my bed. It was nice because we never got in each other's way. When my husband and I first moved in together we still had that double bed. It was a tight squeeze. Then, we got a queen sized bed. It was better than the double bed but it could still be a tight squeeze because Gigi still liked to sleep with us and later, when we had kids they liked to sit in the bed and watch TV with us too. Eventually, we got a king size beds. We kept three regular sized pillows on the bed though instead of two king sized ones.  There was a pillow for me, a pillow for my husband, and a pillow for Gigi. Gigi slept in our bed just about every night until she got older, and she couldn't climb up in it. We got her steps to climb up, but she refused to use them. In fact, she wouldn't even go near them. The cats we have now, Pippi and Callie like to lie in our bed too, but sometimes they lie in one of the kids' beds. They sometimes lie in front of one of our pillows but only when we are not there. They don't really lie on the pillows like Gigi did. When we are in the bed, they like to lie on top of my legs or curled up next to one of us. Callie used to like to lie by our legs, but now she likes to lie at the foot of the bed if she lies on the bed at all. Pippi likes to lie by my husband's legs or curled up by my side or my stomach. It is sometimes nice that she wants to be so close, but sometimes I miss when Gigi was there, and we all had our own space. Besides, our cats now come and go a lot and do not spend all of their time in our bed. Gigi almost always wanted to sleep next to me and stayed there all or most of the night.  I love the cats I have now, but I really miss Gigi too.

And that's our view. What kind of bed do you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment