I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, February 3, 2014

Mary Poppins

Me - Mary Poppins, wow! I love Mary Poppins. I love the movie, the show, and the books. I have the whole series. I haven't seen the movie Mary Poppins in a long time. Whenever I try to remember what the kids in the movie look like I get them confused with the kids in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang especially because Dick Van Dyke was in both of them. I don't remember much about seeing the show. I just remember that my cousin came with us and her and her parents ate dinner with us. I was 3 or 4. My favorite character is the character of Mary Poppins. I always seem to like the magical characters. Like I like Mary Poppins, and I like Nanny McPhee at least when she is pretty. Nanny McPhee would be a good Halloween costume so would Mary Poppins. I love the way Mary Poppins can just point at stuff and make it clean itself up. I also love the way she slides up and down the bannister. I love the song A Song Spoonful of Sugar. I really love Mary Poppins.

Mom - One of the most beloved characters from my childhood is Mary Poppins. I loved all the books although there seems to be more of them now than I remembered. I love the original movie with Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke. There are so many classic scenes in that movie. There is the scene when they jump into the picture and ride the horses off the carousel and Bert dances with the penguins. There is the scene when they party on the ceiling with Uncle Albert. There is the scene when they clean the nursery up using magic. Those are just a few of the  great scenes in the movie. There are so many great songs too: A Spoonful of Sugar, Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, and Feed the Birds to name just a few. Besides, I just love Julie Andrews who also starred in my favorite movie of all time,  The Sound of Music. I also love Dick Van Dyke who aside from Mary Poppins starred in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Bye Bye Birdies to name just a few other great movies. I also saw the Broadway show Mary Poppins. It was good too. However, I don't remember that much about it because I only saw it once and that was years ago. I do remember that it was somewhat darker than the movie musical. I think that I liked the movie a little bit better. However, overall, I just like Mary Poppins in general.

And that's our view. What magical character do you like best?