I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, November 26, 2012

TV Shows and Toys

Me - Hi. I have a lot of toys. I watch a lot of TV shows too. A lot of the toys I have are from the TV shows I watch. I have Doc McStuffins toys. I have Strawberry Shortcake toys. I have My Little Pony toys. I have Olivia toys. I have Jojo's Circus toys. The Jojo toys  used to be my sister's. These are all TV shows I watch. I used to have Dora the Explorer toys. I used to have Go Diego Go toys. These are shows I used to watch. I got rid of the toys because I don't like the shows any more.  I love to have toys from TV shows that I watch. When I don't like the show any more, I don't want they toys any more. Usually, I don't stop liking shows though. However, I did stop liking Dora, and I hardly ever liked Diego anyway.*

*The above post is a guest post by little sister Aurella as dictated to Mom.

Mom - TV shows and toys. Toys and TV shows. Sometimes, it seems like Kids TV is just an excuse to sell toys. Over the years, my kids have had Sesame Street toys. They have had Barney toys. They have had Jojo's Circus toys. They have had Dora the Explorer toys.They have had Strawberry Shortcake toys. They have had many other toys associated with TV shows. Even older kids shows have toys associated with them such as Hannah Montana and Wizard of Waverly Place Barbies. We have had both of these among others in our house as well. Sometimes, the show comes before the toys and sometimes, the toys come before the show. My Little Pony was a toy first, and I believe Strawberry Shortcake was as well. There is even a new show based on the Littlest Pet Shop toys. Kids shows are all about merchandising. They can and do sell almost every toy, you can thing of related to any kids TV show. Toys and TV shows are not really a pair alone, they are part of a triangle: toys, TV shows, and kids. When it comes to kids, if the TV show is popular the toys probably will be too.

And that's our view. How do you feel about toys based on TV shows?