I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

Me - Thanksgiving, wow! Every Thanksgiving, we usually go to my Grandma's house along with my cousins. I don't like turkey. We always have other things besides turkey. My Mom and sister don't like turkey either. I play with my cousin's.  Almost every Thanksgiving my one cousin beats me up. I am close to my cousin, Cody, because he is a middle child like me. My older girl cousin and I are not really close even though we are only two years apart. My younger girl cousin and my sister are about a year and half a part. They are really close, and they usually play together. We usually have a lot of people at Thanksgiving, and it gets really noisy. It is nice when the weather is good and we can all go outside to play. We all get along better when we are playing outside. My cousin, Cody and I and Aurella and Cody's younger sister always run and spin and roll down the hills in my grandmother's backyard. We usually always have ice cream cake and a lot of good desserts. Some times our younger cousins come too. I love to play with them. They are adorable.   They don't come that much though. Lots of times, I sleepover at Grandma's and watch the Thanksgiving parade with her. Sometimes, my sister comes too. Sometimes, my Mom and Dad come early enough so that my Mom can watch at least part of the parade with me. Thanksgiving is usually fun, and I especially love to play with my cousins.

Mom - Almost every Thanksgiving we go to my Mom and Dad's. My sister and her husband and kids are always there. The rest of the people vary from year to year. I like going to my Mom's because I hate all the traditional Thanksgiving foods. I do not not like sweet potatoes. I do not like cranberry sauce. I do not like pie. I do not even like turkey. My Mom always has some of those things like cranberry sauce, and of course, turkey. However, she always has other things to like some kind of pasta or steak, twice baked potatoes or mashed potatoes, and corn pudding. Also, we always have ice cream cake because we have so many family birthdays that are around the holidays. This year, however, we are staying home for Thanksgiving. We are having turkey and ham. We will have about seven people. Five of whom do not eat turkey.  Traditionally, Thanksgiving is the beginning of the holiday season, but I always aim to have my shopping done before Thanksgiving. I do most of it on-line now anyway. I like to watch the Macy's parade with my girls but we don't always wake up early enough. Sometimes, they sleepover at my Mom's and if I don't go over there early enough I don't get to see the parade with them. Sometimes, I record the parade just in case. I prefer to watch things recorded anyway so you can fast forward the commercials. The only thing I don't like to watch recorded is sports. My brother-in-law actually records and watchs sports and he get mad if anyone tells him what happened before he gets to watch it. I don't know how he does it. Even if I am trying not to find out about something, I go on-line and there it is especially of it is a major sporting event. That is another thing Thanksgiving is about - sports. My Dad, my brother (when he is there), and my brother-in-law and various other friends or relatives alway watch football on Thanksgiving. Personally, I am not that into football. I prefer hockey and baseball. All in all, Thanksgiving is not my favorite holiday, but it is not my least favorite either.

And that's our view. What do you like about Thanksgiving?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.