I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, November 19, 2012

Cooking

Me - Cooking, wow! I used to take cooking classes. When I was little I took them with my Dad. When I was 4, I  even had a cooking birthday party. We made pizza and cupcakes. When I was older, Dad took cooking classes with my little sister. I took them on my own. My Dad and I always used to bake English Muffins. A few times we made other things. One time we made a vegetable smoothie. Another time we made spinach pie. We used to make gingerbread cookies every year but we haven't for a few years. One time, we made them for my school for a project. Sometimes, I help my Mom or Dad cook. I like to cook. I like to help look for recipes.  Cooking is really fun.

Mom - I don't really like cooking. I mean I don't mind actually doing it. I just don't like to take the time to do it. Because I know that as soon as I start cooking dinner, I am not going to be able to relax until after the kids are in bed. So most of the time it is easier just to throw something in the microwave or something because it doesn't take up as much time. I like the idea of cooking more often, but it is hard to get myself to do it. I think about doing it a lot. I am always saving recipes. Even though I am a picky eater, there are wide variety of recipes that use foods that I like. I also have been known to take out ingredients in certain recipes or substitute one thing for another to make something into a recipe I would like. I have never had a problem doing this either. My Mom is a really good cook, and she takes pride in her cooking. Her Mom was a really good cook too. The only problem is my grandmother always served things one food at a time so she was always serving and never really ate with us. My Mom is much better at managing her time and getting everything out at the same time and being able to eat with us. As for me, I can take on a meal for my husband and/or kids now and then, but I'll leave the holiday cooking to someone like my Mother. When it comes to cooking, I am not that ambitious.

And that's our view. Do you like to cook? Why or why not?