I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Friday, December 30, 2011

Disney Princesses

Me - I like the Disney princesses. I have all the Disney princess movies except Tangled. Cinderella used to be my favorite princess. I have a Cinderella pillow and a Cinderella pillow pet. After I liked Cinderella, my favorite princess was Tiana. I have Princess and the Frog instruments. Then, my favorite princess was Ariel. I liked that Ariel was a mermaid because I like mermaids. I also like Flounder from the Little Mermaid movie, and I have a stuffed one. After Ariel, I liked Rapunzel best of all. I love Rapunzel's really really really really long hair. It is longer than the floor. I wish my hair was that long, but my hair is pretty long. Now, my favorite is Belle. Belle is my favorite because she is very pretty and kind. In the movie, she would rather stay with the beast than her father have to stay with the beast. I also like Belle because she reads a lot, and I love books.  I like Snow White because she loves animals like me. I also love that she is friends with the dwarfs. They are very cute. Sleeping Beauty has a lot of names and so do I because I have two middle names. She is friends with fairies, and I love fairies, but only good ones.  I like Jasmine, Pocahontas, and Mulan, but not as much as the others.

* The above is a guest post by younger sister, Aurella as dictated to Mom.

Mom - When I was young there were Disney princess movies but they were not grouped together collectively as the princesses. Each was completely independent of  the others. Of course, putting them together was a marketing strategy, and it worked brilliantly. So many  little girls love their princesses and aspire to have everything Disney princess. My younger daughter likes all the princesses and has all the dolls, but the princesses are not her favorite things. She is more into Dora the Explorer. She doesn't have to have everything princess and she doesn't really pretend to be a princess. When I was young, I liked the Disney princess movies myself, but I never wanted to be or pretended to be a princess either. My favorite was Snow White. I am not sure why though. I just always liked her. Now, I like the more current princesses like Tiana from The Princess and the Frog and Rapunzel from Tangled. They are a little fiestier and a little more self-sufficient. They don't always need a prince to swoop in in every situation and save them. That is a better lesson to teach little girls.

And that's our view. Tune in Monday for another topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment