I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Friday, December 2, 2011

Comic Strips

Me - The comics, wow! I love comics. Every day whenever I see my Mom reading the paper, I can't wait for her to finish and give me the comics. Then, I give it to my sister who can't read but likes to look at the pictures. I like to read Baby Blues and Family Circus because I love kids, and I find them to be two of my favorites comics. I actually have two whole books of Family Circus comics.  I also like Garfield because I really like cats and Garfield is so funny. Yet, I wouldn't say it was one of my favorites. It used to be my favorite and the only comic I really knew about. It hasn't seemed as funny as much lately though, and I don't enjoy it as much as I used to. I also like Peanuts, and I also have a full book of Peanuts cartoons that my Mom once gave me when I was younger. Peanuts is definitely one of my favorites. Recently, Mom, Aurella, and I watched the Charlie Brown special,  Happiness is a Warm Blanket. I thought it was very amusing. I love the way it showed Snoopy 's big eyes looking at Linus. I also liked the way Sally kept calling Linus her "Sweet Babu" but my favorite part was in the end when Linus said "I'm just glad Grandma is gone". He opens the door and says "Grandma?" but it was just Snoopy in a dress.I also like Beetle Bailey because it's very funny. However, I don't know any of the characters names. I also like Pajama Diaries because once again I like kids, and it's really amusing. The Pajama Diaries is one of my favorites. I like For Better or Worse but it's not one of my favorites. Even though I like most  of the comics in the paper, I really wish it was like when my Mom was young when they were so much more of them in the paper.

Mom - When I was younger there were so many more pages of comics in our paper. I remember there being like two pages of comics during the week and six or eight pages of color comics on Sunday or something like that. Nowadays, our paper has only 1 pages of comics during the week and 4 on Sunday. When I was young, I liked comics like Nancy and Little Iodine. I don't even know if those comics exist anymore but they are not in my paper. Those comics were about kids so  I could relate to them. Nowadays, I like comics like Baby Blues, Family Circus, The Pajama Diaries and For Better or For Worse because now that I am married and have kids I can relate to those type of comic strips more. As a matter of fact in Baby Blues, they were having their third child right around the same time as I was having my second so I could  really relate to it. I am always cutting out comic strips that remind me of our family and showing them to my husband and/or kids. Of course, I enjoy comics too that don't necessarily remind me of my family, such as, Blondie, Peanuts, and Hagar the Horrible. My children love the comics too and they can't wait for me to finish the Sunday paper so they can look at that week's color comic section. These days when it seems like just about everything else in the paper is depressing,  the comic section is a welcome relief.

And that's our view. Tune in again for another topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment