I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Friday, December 16, 2011

Dolls

Me - Dolls, wow! I love dolls. I play with them a lot. I sometimes pretend where the dolls are my babies.I have a music box doll. If you wind her up, she plays music. She is wearing a sailor suit, and I call her Penny. I have a bouncing baby doll named Hope. I have a My Twin Doll Named Meredith. I have two American girls Molly, and Rebecca. I really want Shopping Sheryl, Hi  Dottie, and Peggy Pen Pal, but they don't make them anymore. I know about them from my mom.When I was little my favorite doll was Boo from Monsters, Inc. My parents got her for me because she reminded them of me. I took her everywhere and did everything with her. My sister had a favorite doll when she was little who she called Baby. One time she chewed Baby's foot off. Our Dad got her a new Baby, but he told her he fixed  the old Baby. My sister was really smart though.  Even at 2, she went around saying "My Daddy got me a new Baby." because she knew he hadn't really fixed the old one. My grandmother thinks I have too many dolls, but my Mom lets me decide what I want to get rid of and when myself. I am glad of that, and I hope to be the same way with my kids as my Mom is with me.

Mom - When I was little I loved dolls. I had a bunch of dolls with hair that grew. There was Chrissy and Kerrie and Velvet and Cinnamon. There were also a few others, but I didn't have those. I also had a doll that talked on the telephone, Hello Dottie. I had a doll that wrote, Peggy PenPal. A doll that came with her toy shopping cart and groceries, Shopping Sheryl. I had a doll that came with her own bathtub, Tubsy. I had a sleep doll, Drowsy. I also had a bunch of pain old ordinary dolls that didn't do much of anything, but I loved them just as much as the other ones.  My mother always thought I had too many dolls, but I never did I loved all my dolls. Periodically, my mother would go through when I was not around and get rid of some of my dolls and other toys. I don't do that with my girls. I let them decide for themselves what they would like to keep and get rid of. They know that if they don't ever get rid of anything they won't have any room to get anything new. Besides, for the most part they do not seem to get so attached to their toys as I was too mine. They are attached to something for a while and then they move on to something else. It seems like that is the way it is with just about everything these days. People are into something one minute and before you know it they are moving on to something else. Sometimes, I think the world is just spinning too fast, and sometimes I miss my carefree younger days of being a kid and playing with dolls.

And that's our view, Tune in again for another topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment