I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Friday, December 9, 2011

Disney Channel Shows

Me - Disney Channel shows, wow! Disney is my favorite channel. I watch Jesse. it is my favorite show in the entire world. It used to be Full House, but I changed my mind. My favorite characters are Jesse because she is always trying to do the best she can for the kids she takes care of and Zuri because she is adorable and funny. My last favorite character is Ravi because he is very funny. When they are fighting he is at the snack bar. When they are skating on their faces throwing snowballs, he is at the snack bar. I find him to be a very amusing character. Ant Farm is another of my favorite shows. At first when I heard there was going to be a show called Ant Farm, I thought it would be a cartoon, but it is not. My favorite characters are China because she is always trying to do everything she can to help others, Olive because she is a crazy brainiac, and Paisley because she's hilariously stupid. I also watch Wizards of Waverly Place. I am mad that it is ending in my birthday month. Lucky for me, it is not ending on  my actual birthday though. I really like Harper because she has a funny sense of fashion.  I also like Max because he is really really funny. I also like Alex because she is lazy but she has a good sense of humor, and she does have feelings. After she broke up with Mason she was a sentimental wreck. Lucky for her, they ended up back together. The last show I watch on Disney Channel is a new show called Austin and Ally. I like it just okay, but I wouldn't say it is one of my favorites as the others are. The show I don't like is Fish Hooks because I don't get what the big deal is about little fish who are in high school. I could watch all the Disney shows a million times day after day every day all day long, and I would still never get bored of the Disney Channel.

Mom - My daughter's favorite channel is Disney Channel. She could watch the same episodes of the same shows over and over again and never get tired of them. There are very few things, if any, that I could watch over and over again without getting bored of them. I actually don't mind most of the shows that my daughter watches on Disney Channel. I like Good Luck Charlie. The toddler who plays Charlie is adorable as my daughters like to remind me frequently. Phineas and Ferb is very clever. I like the way it is always spoofing all these different things like The Simpsons does. I used to like watching Hannah Montana with my daughter. I don't worry about what Miley Cyrus is or is not doing now because I realize she is a real girl and not a TV character and real girls make mistakes. Besides, my daughter never looked at her as a role model. If you want to talk about role models, the character of Alex on The Wizards of Waverly place is certainly not a good role model. She is not always very nice and she does everything she can to get out of doing work especially school work. Yet, I haven't heard anything bad about Selena Gomez, the actress who plays Alex. The character of Sonny on Sonny With Chance I always thought of as a pretty good role model because she usually always tried to do the right thing. Demi Lovato, the actress who played her, certainly had her issues though as we all know including cutting herself. It is admirable though that she was able to permanently walk away from her TV series when she realized that was what she needed to do to help herself get better and stay better. The show is not as good anymore now though. The So Random skits were amusing as part of the larger show Sonny With a Chance. As a whole show by themselves, they are not as entertaining. Lately, my daughter has been into Ant Farm and Jesse. I don't mind Ant Farm, but so far I haven't really liked Jesse much. I have only seen an episode or two of the latter though. One of the nice things about Disney Channel shows is that they don't go on endlessly. Most only stay around for about four years or so. It just seems a lot longer because during that time every episode is repeated about a million times or at least it seems that way especially when my daughter is always watching the same episodes over and over again.

And that's our view. Tune in Monday for another topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment