I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Friday, December 23, 2011

Hockey

Me - Hockey, wow! I love going to hockey games. It is really fun. My favorite team is the Trenton Titans which used to be the Trenton Devils. Once when I was a little baby, I went to a New Jersey Devils game. I kept looking around at all the people. I liked looking at the people more than watching the game. I had never seen so many people before in my life. When I was older, I went to Trenton Devils games. I wanted to meet the mascot, Scorch. When he came close to me, I was always afraid of him. When any mascot came close to me, I was scared. I liked them way better when they were far away from me. Anyway, I love going to hockey games, and I always have lots of fun there.*

* The above is a guest post by younger sister Aurella as dictated to Mom.

Mom - When I was in college, my roommate was a big hockey fan. I didn't really know much about the sport. A few years later, I was watching a baseball playoff game with my Dad. Between innings, he kept turning back to a hockey playoff game between the New York Rangers and the New Jersey Devils. The Rangers won although we were rooting for the Devils. The Rangers went on to win the Stanley Cup. The next year the Devils won. I was hooked. To the casual sports fan, hockey might seem like it is all about the fights. It is not like that at all. It is really a very exciting game especially live. Also, it is the only one of the four major sports - baseball, basketball, football, and hockey - that no matter what you do you cannot score more than 1 at a time. Because of that it can be so frustrating at times because if your team is behind they can only catch up one goal at a time. Also, there are so many ways for the puck to not go in the net which is frustrating too. After that first Stanley Cup, the Devils went on to win two more. We were big hockey fans and went to a bunch of games every year, but then it just got too expensive. Also, the team moved to Newark and there was not enough parking. Now, I haven't been to a Devil game in years. Luckily, we are fortunate enough to have a minor league hockey team nearby. They were affliated with the Devils for a few years but now they are not anymore. However, their games are just as fun as the Devils games except a lot cheaper and closer. The only bad thing is that you can't watch them on TV like you can the Devils and since they are in a different county our newspaper doesn't cover them, but we still root for them in spirit , and we do try to get to a few games a year.

And that's our view. Tune in Monday for another topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment