I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Writing

Me - Writing, wow! I love to write. Writing is fun. The only thing that could make writing more fun is if you could just talk and the computer would type the story out for you, and you didn't have to type anything youself. I try to write a story every day.  I am now writing a story called Meet Daisy Dewdrop. It is a chapter book about a fairy and her five friends. If I finish this book and I think it is good, I may write a few more or at least write a sequel. I like to write fiction better than nonfiction. I don't like to write nonfiction. I only write nonfiction sometimes, for instance, for this blog. For another instance, I like to write things about animals and people. However, I don't write history nonfiction like about the Holocaust or  the Titanic because I don't like things where people die. It is really fun to write. Although, I don't want to make a living off writing, I hope to continue doing it even when I am older and  I hope to pass on my love for it to my children and enjoy writing with them like I do with my Mom.

Mom - For as long as I can remember, I have loved to write. I love putting words together and making them say exactly what you want them to say. When I was younger, back in the days before everybody had a personal computer, I actually got a typewriter for one of my birthdays. I was so excited because I couldn't wait to write stories on it. However, I never really did that because much as I love to write, I hate to type. When I was older I did write stories, both short stories and longer chapter ones. However, even the long ones were not too long. I never wrote anything that I couldn't read back myself in a day. I would write out stories in longhand, revise them in longhand  and only type them on the computer to print out. Unfortunately, even with computers you still have to type, but I had to do a lot of typing anyway when I worked as a paralegal and it is easier to edit and revise things on computer than it was on a typewriter so I got used to it. I am still not crazy about typing, but I don't mind it as much. After college, I did a lot of writing, but than I got married and had kids and I pretty much stopped. Two things happened that made me start to write again, first of all, a friend of mine started a blog. I had always been fascinated by blogging especially after seeing the movie Julie and Julia. I thought it was something I could and would want to do. When my friend started her blog, it gave me the confidence that I could do it too. I was also inspired by my daughter who loves to write. For a while, she was writing a story every day. Seeing how happy writing made her made me remember how much I loved it as well and made me want to go back to it. So now, I blog. I have this blog which is nonfiction and another blog, Stories for Dora, with stories hich is a blog of fiction stories for my younger daughter. I haven't been keeping up the latter as much but I am hoping to change that and get back to writing a new story for my daughter once a week. In any case, blogging has renewed my love for writing, and my motivation to do it, and I hope to keep motivated and keep writing for a long time to come.

And that's all for now. Tune in Friday for another topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment