I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Friday, November 18, 2011

Fiction vs. Nonfiction

Me- Nonfiction, Wow! Do I hate it! Fiction, wow! Do  I love it! I'm really not that fond of nonfiction. I am superduper fond of fiction. Nonfiction is not that interesting to me. Fiction is very interesting to me. They are complete opposites to me. I do like some nonfiction. I like nonfiction about animals. Also, I like books about the Mets and Yankees. I don't like books about Presidents and other famous people. I don't read autobigraphies or biographies. However, I like fiction books about sports , fictional famous people, animals, fictional kids, fictional families, etc.

Mom - I like both fiction and nonfiction. I like all kinds of fiction as I may have previously mentioned. I like mysteries, bestsellers, short stories, and chick lit among others. However, I also like nonfiction. I like books about subjects that interest me such as baseball especially books about the Mets or Yankees and most especially books about David Cone. I look in the index, and if there is anything about David Cone in the book I usually get it. I like books about Broadway and books about figureskating and figure skaters. I like books about people who interest me like Princess Grace and Anne Frank. I like books that countdown a particular subject I am interested in like The 50 Greatest Moments in New York Sports ot 101 Greatest Musicals of All Time.I don't like all nonfiction books. I don't like how-to books or religious books or philosophy books. I don't like books about art or history unless they are talking about baseball history or something specific that does interest me. I don't like all fiction books either. I don't like western books, I don't like most science fiction although I do like some, for instance, I like the Harry Potter books. I don't like fantasy. For the most part, I don't like horror in books or in movies. I generally don't like Harlequin type romance books. So over all, for me it is not important whether a book is fiction or nonfiction, it just depends on the specific book.

And that's our view. Tune in Monday for another topic.