I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving

Me - Thanksgiving, wow! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. Every year on thanksgiving, my mom, dad, sister and I go to my grandparents house for Thanksgiving. It's always fun because I get to play with my cousins. In honor of Thanksgiving here is a list of some of the things I am grateful for: I am grateful for the inventor of Full House. I am grateful for babies. I am grateful for toys. I am grateful for computers. I am grateful for TVs. I am grateful for books. I am grateful for libraries. Last and best and certainly not least my wonderful family.

Mom - Thanksgiving is not my favorite holiday. I don't mind the family gathering although the larger the family has gotten the noiser and crazier it can be. However, I hate all the traditional holiday foods. I don't like Turkey, or stuffing, or cranberry sauce, or pumpkin pie. Thankfully, we spend our holidays at my Mom's where  there are also alternatives to the traditional food available and where ice cream cake is more a part of the holiday than pumpkin pie. Other things I am grateful for this holiday, the love support and companionship of my family, my husband and kids as well as the extended family. I am grateful to be in relatively good health and that my husband, kids and extended family members are as well. I am thankful to have a roof over my head and a bed to sleep in. I am thankful that I don't have to drive my kids to school anymore especially heading into the winter. I am thankful that we will soon be getting rid of our crappy DVR. I am thankful for the Amazon Kindle Fire or at least I hope to be soon.

And that's our view. Happy Thanksgiving! Tune in Friday for another topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment