I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, November 7, 2011

Reality TV

Me - Reality TV, wow! I don't like watching reality TV. However, I watch Dancing With the Stars and The Glee Project. I don't like other competition shows like America's Got Talent because I feel bad for the losers. However, on Dancing With the Stars, they are already dancers, or famous for like singing or something so I don't feel bad because if they don't win they can just go back to their normal jobs and still be famous. I watch The Glee Project because even though I feel bad for the losers, they don't really make a big deal about it. They just show them losing and then that's the end of the show. Since, I watch Glee, I like to know who the people on it are. If I did not watch The Glee Project, I would not know where these new people were coming from. I don't watch shows like The Real Housewives because it annoys me they way they make shows about rich people.Why do people want to watch shows about rich people's boring stupid lives when other people have worse problems? Anyway, those shows are boring.

Mom - I am not a big fan of reality TV. I don't like to watch shows about rich people's lives when so many of us are struggling just to get by even if it is comforting to know that, at least acccording to TV, most of those people's lives are actually train wrecks. The fact that in all these seasons, there has been like one bachelor/bachlorette relationship that has actually led to a long successful relationship that includes marriage and children tells you something about how easy it is to find love on a TV show. Therefore, I don't care to waste my time watching shows like that. I don't like shows where they are trying to put one over on people or make fun of people. I don't like talent competition shows like American Idol and America's Got Talent because no matter how awful and untalented people may be and no matter that they made the decision to put themselves out there themselves, I always feel sorry for the losers. The only two reality shows I really like and watch are The Glee Project and Dancing With the Stars. I like The Glee Project because since I watch the show, and I will have to watch the winners appear on the show, it matters to me who wins. I also like it because people do not vote on the outcome, it is decided by the producers and writers and people who actually are the creators and producers of Glee. I like Dancing With the Stars because every person who appears on the show is either a professional dancer or is famous or infamous for something else besides being on Dancing With the Stars. So, I feel like they can always go back to doing whatever it was they were doing before if they don't win so I don't feel bad for them. If they don't have anything to go back to then they already had their 15 minutes of fame extended anyway so that is good enough. Besides, I don't think winning or not winning Dancing With the Stars is a life changing experience for somebody who was already famous to begin with like winning something like Americal Idol is for somebody that wasn't. My daughters and I also love Dancing With the Stars because we love to critique it. We give a thumbs up or thumbs down to every outfit, dance and musical selection. That is our favorite part of watching the show. I wouldn't feel as good doing these things about people who weren't famous already because even when people readily put themselves out on the line to be made fun of, I  would still feel bad about doing it.

And, that's our view. Tune in Friday for another topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment