I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Friday, October 28, 2011

Singing in a Choir

Me - Choir, wow! I absolutely love singing. My Mom, and Dad and sister and I are always singing, but I have never sang in front of people who are not in my family. I am really scared of singing in public. However, this year for the first time I can actually be in the school choir and I am. So far  I love it, but we have not had a concert yet. I have choir every Friday, and all of us in the choir love it.. We have learned around 7 songs so far. I am worried that I will forget the words and stand there looking like a total fool at the concert. Everyone in my family thinks I have a great voice, and that I will not forget the words at the concert. My favorite song so far is Driedel. I knew that song before I started choir too. My favorite new song is When the Lights All Shine. My Mom, Grandma and sister like it too. Everyone thinks it's a really pretty song. My music teacher thinks all the parents will be crying into snotty tissues when the hear that song. We will be having two concerts this school year. The first will be around the holidays. I can't wait to have my family come and hear me sing in the choir. I am really excited about it, and hopefully, they are looking forward to it.

Mom - We love music and singing in our house. We are always going around singing. My kids and my husband are always making fun of me because they are always saying things that remind me of songs, and I will just break into song at any moment. Sometimes, I even break into songs that are just totally made up. The only time I was ever in an organized choir in school was when I was in the fourth grade. It was fun, and I enjoyed it. However, the following year we were moving so the music teacher would not let me be in the choir. We were supposed to be moving in January, but the date kept getting pushed back. We ended up not moving until June when the school year was over. So I ended up not being in the choir for no reason. After that, I just was never in the choir again. When I was a freshman in high school, I either wanted to choose choir or a cooking class as my elective. I chose the cooking the class. That is one of my biggest regrets of my high school years especially now that I watch Glee and they always seem to be having so much fun. I realize, of course, that life is not exactly like Glee where you get to do a different big musical number each week with great costumes and scenery. However, even just the joy of  being able to do something I enjoy with other people who enjoy it as well would be enough, and I am sorry I never got to do that.

And that's our view. Tune in again for another topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment