I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Friday, October 21, 2011

Make Up

Me - Makeup, wow! I am not very much into makeup. I have a lot of makeup, but I don't wear it a lot.  However, I do like it. I love getting my nails done, but I am not very good at doing them myself. I also like lipstick. I like most colors of lipstick except for black. I also like eyeshadow, but only in colors like green and yellow and pink. I like mascara, but I have a hard time getting it on because I blink a lot. I like blush but only pink blush. Over all, I don't wear a lot of makeup right now, but maybe when I am older I will.

Mom - I have never been much in to makeup. When I was in high school, I didn't wear any except for once or twice on my birthday or something. When I was in college, I didn't wear any either. When I was out of school and working I wore a minimum of make up usually a little eye shadow,  some lip gloss or lipstick and some eye  liner. For special  occasions maybe a little more makeup like adding rouge and mascara or something. For really special occasions, like my wedding I would have someone else do my makeup. I much prefer that because as I have already said I am not much into make up myself.  When I was younger, I knew some girls who really needed makeup. They looked so much better with their makeup on then they did with it off. I wasn't sure if it was because they really were  so much prettier with makeup on than with it off or because I was just so used to seeing them with their makeup on. However, either way, I never wanted to be one of those girls. I never wanted to depend on makeup to look good. It was so much easier when I was younger though. When I was younger, when I  looked in the mirror, and I wasn't wearing any makeup, I was still pleased with what I saw. Now, that I am older, not as much. Sometimes, now when I look at my face in the mirror, I don't always like what I see. I feel like I look so much older and so much more tired. However, even so I still don't like makeup all that much, and I still don't wear a lot of it.

And that's our view. Tune in Monday for another topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment