I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Friday, October 14, 2011

What I want to be when I grow up/ What I wanted to be when I grew up

Me -Occupations, wow! When I grow up, there are so many things I would like to be. I would like to be a teacher. I would like to be a babysitter. I would like to be a hair stylist. I would like to be a kids doctor. I would like to be an actress. I would like to be a daycare teacher. I would like to be a mother. I would like to be a vet. I  would like to run an obedience school for dogs. There are so many other things I would like to be. Right now, I would most likely to be a midwive. I would love to help deliver babies. I love babies! I would like to hold them when they are born and clean them off and everything. However, I will probably change my mind a million more times before I actually grow up and think of a million other things I would like to be. The only think I definitely know I will be when I grow up is a mother. I can't wait for that.


Mom - It's funny how different your life can turn out from what you think it is going to be. When I was young I wanted to be a teacher. I am not actually sure if that is what I wanted or if that was all I could think of when I had to do a project about what I wanted to be when I grew up when I was in first grade. I remember that I said I wanted to be a teacher because they get to teach kids to read and write. Later, I wanted to be an actress. However, I realized that I would need a little more talent and a lot more guts to do that, and I wasn't willing to spend my whole life waitressing or something waiting for my big break that may never come. I went back to my goal of being a teacher. I was actually even in the teaching program in college, but I decided that I didn't want to be a teacher after all. There are too many different groups of people to deal with being a teacher: teachers, students, parents. I am not good with dealing with different groups of people. In fact, I am not good with dealing with groups of people at all. I am better with dealing with people one on one or in small groups. I ended up being a paralegal. It was all right but not very exciting. I was at least lucky enough to work in a small firm where I got to do a lot of different things instead of being pigeonholed and doing the same boring thing all the time like some paralegals in some of the larger law firms may have to do. I got to do a lot of writing of briefs and letters to clients and things. It wasn't very exciting either though and I so much prefer creative writing. I think I really would have liked to work in publishing, and if not doing my own writing at least being around books and authors all the time. However, when I got out of college to break into publishing, all they cared about was how fast you could type. I could not type very fast so that was that. For the past ten years or so. I have been home with my kids. Despite what some people might think, it is not the easiest job in the world although I agree it is not the hardest either. However, it is definitely the most intrinsically rewarding, and I wouldn't have traded this time with my children for any other job I can think of.

And that's our view. Tune in Monday for another topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment